Skip navigation

Mazza's Golf Driver Daily

Back to the top
its not a bad idea thinking about it but I have already bought a new headgasket kit (only £30 with headbolts etc.) so it wont be too much work to remove the head and get it pressure checked. If there is a small crack or something I may just stick it back on and put an additive in the system to try and seal it up  :)

'83 1.3 Golf Driver GT - Project thread
Instagram - matt.semp

Back to the top
Not much happening lately. Shes on summer wheels now and i dropped the ride quite a bit so it sits nicely now but im paying the price in comfort!
Ive still yet to fit the twin webers so to get the car running ive fitted a smaller but better condition carb which solves massive idling issues but now has a new issue of its own  :banghead:
Still not 100% fixed the head leak, it seems to have sealed itself up at the minute as if was only slightly gone after I had it skimmed.
Ive brought it with me to uni in birmingham so hopefully the terrible driving here wont cause and damage to my golf!

Instagram - matt.semp

Back to the top
Oh what's the new issue with the smaller carb?

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
It seems to bog down around 5-30% throttle. I think maybe one of the jets is wrong? changing a diaphragm today has helped but ill try a bigger jet too to see if that helps

Instagram - matt.semp

Back to the top
So after a load of rain it turns out that the rain tray on the passengers side lets in quite a bit of water and its dripping down near the fuse box and collecting all in the footwell  :dry:
The list of jobs is getting bigger and bigger but my time to fix them seems to be getting lesser :(

It does look much better since being lowered quite a bit more but I am paying the price in lack of comfort quite considerably!

Some pics from my trip to Bruntingthorpe :)

Instagram - matt.semp

Back to the top
Great photos.  :thumbs:

But how is the rain tray letting the water in?
Just trying to picture in my mind what you're seeing mate!   :thumbs:

Sent from my Smartphone. 

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Not quite sure tbh, but it is a little bit rusty there and possibly has formed a hole? I could be wrong and it is hopefully the windscreen seal which i have a new one and also need to change the windscreen but havent done any investigation tbh

Instagram - matt.semp

Back to the top
Got a bit bored and decided to investigate the rust at the rear. Turns out the right side was pretty bad and left a decent sized hole. I welded in a little bit of plate and then skimmed some filler and painted it as a temporary fix. Its not pretty but its better than it was and im pretty impressed with the halfords paint match

Other side looks like this still which might have to wait till i can afford the panels

When i have some time ill be replacing the rear panel with a repro one because it would be much tidier than doing it this way

Last edit: by mazza411

Instagram - matt.semp
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.