Skip navigation

Replacement rocker cover

Back to the top

Any alternatives to powder coating?

87cab_bb said

The breather part isn't in the picture and isn't listed so he's doing no wrong…the two pics I put on are his pics of the one I'm buying like

Fair one then, just have to swollow the pill and take the fiver!  :thumbs:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Ha yea I have, I'm picking it up Saturday, think I can just get this grommet from vwheritage and fit my breather filter thing onto it! Can't wait, it's guna change the look of the bay instantly :) can I get some sort of chrome or polished filler cap for it?

Back to the top
for the breather bit new bung from vw or gsf, they're always split anyway then down scrappy looking for suitable PCV valve you can fit into it or a plastic pipe elbow or whatever.

if you get a metal cover you'll see the problem its supposed to screw down to the end 2 studs on head, on the g60 cover theres a ton o metal in the way. if you chop up the belt cover it may fit over the g60 cover, but as i say you'll also need the lower cover and inner metal bit plus theres a weird allen bolt thingy to hold the bottom of the metal cover

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top

87cab_bb said

Ha yea I have, I'm picking it up Saturday, think I can just get this grommet from vwheritage and fit my breather filter thing onto it! Can't wait, it's guna change the look of the bay instantly :) can I get some sort of chrome or polished filler cap for it?

They do look good when polished up……….PITA to keep them like that though!

The Red Rocket! My Mk1 Tdi Build.....

My VAG family:

1982 Mk1, PD130 Tdi, 6 speed, ongoing project, to be my daily driver (one day)!
1983 Mk1, 1.8 Gti, stripped out, ongoing project, track car only.
1990 Mk1 Cabrio, 1.8 8v Turbo, G60 ECU, long term project (17 years so far)!
2008 T5 LWB, 1.9 Tdi, to be converted to camper when I've finished using it as a van!
1999 Audi A4 Avant Quattro, 2.5 Tdi, currently off the road, more work required.
2010 Tiguan R-Line, daily driver. 

Back to the top
Yea man I think I'm guna have to polish it every week to keep on top of it as I drive it basically every day! Can I over-polish it lol? Thanks to everyone that inputted their ideas and info :) greatly recieved

Back to the top
Oh yea, yea I might see if I can get a tatty metal cambelt cover on the cheap and see it I can make it fit, just think the metal ones look loads better and alot tidier too
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.