Skip navigation

Jamie's MK1 Gti Tintop Project ...Miami Blue :D

Back to the top

2.0 16v to go in

car's looking so good now jamie  :thumbs:  will look very close to finished once the carpet is in. is it a newton one?

think black leather bolsters with that cloth in the centre will look wicked  :wub:

matt

Back to the top
Your mk1 is looking good Jamie. Fitting up is the best bit - can't beat seeing new or referbed bits up against the fresh paint.

Back to the top
Bloody lovely! 

It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits 

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Great progress Jamie!  :thumbs:

I think that seat cloth is a good call  :thumbs:

toph said

should look good  :thumbs:

Thanks Guys ….I know I really like it just added the cost up though will be £360for 4m by the time iv payed shipping and import tax lot of money  :o  :o  :o only other thing I can think of is to do them in standard grey stripe but with the leather or viynal bolsters :/

Back to the top

pazwaa said

car's looking so good now jamie  :thumbs:  will look very close to finished once the carpet is in. is it a newton one?

think black leather bolsters with that cloth in the centre will look wicked  :wub:

matt

Thanks bud it is indeed :D

Its expensive material i need a push to bring myself to buy it lol so that helps …think it will look good though defo different im unsure yet though lol

watson said

Your mk1 is looking good Jamie. Fitting up is the best bit - can't beat seeing new or referbed bits up against the fresh paint.

It sure is really starts coming together too  :thumbs:
Thanks

sallyandsean said

Bloody lovely! 

Back to the top
hi guys bit of an update…slow progress though at the mo im afraid mainly due to me being self employed and not having any work at the mo ..So no money to spend to get the last bits and bobs, I did go and pick up some seats and door cards from a member on here few weeks back. Not bad condition door cards cleaned up well, no speaker holes in them which is nice ..seats will be re-trimmed when I decide what material to do them in and have the money lol

Must also say sorry for the quality of the photos my camera has broken so these all phone pics :P

Sanded the bonnet to remove any orange peel hadent done this yet as was keeping it out the way

Polished it up

Fitted it :)

Next up was the trim clips put all them on

New Chrome trim on … :D

Rear strut brace that came with the car

Painted it to match :)

Sealed up the doors with some plastic sheet and cleaned the door cards up and fitted them …. Need to find some speakers I can hide under the dash  :D

Couldn't have found any brighter colour underlay lol did have to put more around the tunnel area so the carpet wasn't baggy :)

Carpet all stuck down

Then managed to get the rest of the interior bits fitted aswell

Hopefully be some more updates soon
Jamie 

Last edit: by mk1 Jamie

Back to the top
Looking good. You must be really pleased with how its turning out.

Back to the top
Locking good Jamie, what did you use to glue door seal om, evo stick?

Back to the top

watson said

Looking good. You must be really pleased with how its turning out.
thanks yeah nice to see it coming together now too :D

Majeka said

Locking good Jamie, what did you use to glue door seal om, evo stick?

thanks yep contact adhesive not sure if I put them on right though half the rubber had an extra lip put this at the bottom :/

Back to the top
sweet

Back to the top
Fantastic, just read this all the way through. Well done

Back to the top
Very very very nice :thumbs:

Back to the top
Looking good m8, I fitted new carpet and underlay but kept the original bit of underlay from round tunnel. Won't be long now.

Back to the top
Nothing but love for this car, i'm raging with envy  :wub:  :lol:

matt

Back to the top

toph said

sweet

Rich-b said

Fantastic, just read this all the way through. Well done

sallyandsean said

Very very very nice :thumbs:

Thanks guys :D

Majeka said

Looking good m8, I fitted new carpet and underlay but kept the original bit of underlay from round tunnel. Won't be long now.

Thanks..slowly getting their should able to buy some more bits for it this week so updates soon :D Yeah it was missing when I got the car unfortunately

pazwaa said

Nothing but love for this car, i'm raging with envy  :wub:  :lol:

matt

Thanks mate is not perfect though :P

Back to the top
Evening, I need some help and opinions from you all I just cannot decide on what material to get my interior re-trimmed in the mk6 golf tartan I did want is just too expensive unfortunately so I found this I think could look good its tweed

Other options

Full black vinyl with horizontal fluting
Original gti stripe with black vinyl bolsters

Any help guys ?

thanks
Jamie

Back to the top
As in your photo looks fantastic :thumbs:

Back to the top
Liking the tweed chap.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
I saw some car seat fabric on e bay which was black with blue flecks simular colour to the exterior of you car it was cheap too something like 8 quid a meter but i do like that black and grey tartan. 

Back to the top
Great work mate! Looking very nice
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.