Skip navigation

Jamie's MK1 Gti Tintop Project ...Miami Blue :D

Back to the top

2.0 16v to go in

Mate great project!!! Wish I had ur skills!! Have u ever had experience inbody shop before or summat? U don't come across as a novice from the pic  :$

Looking forward to more updates

Click on the link below to see my mk1 16v project

http://vwgolfmk1.org.u…-16v-project#post_1081899

Back to the top
Love the colour!!!

Just read all thread and your doing well ;-)

Back to the top

chipster2407 said

Mate great project!!! Wish I had ur skills!! Have u ever had experience inbody shop before or summat? U don't come across as a novice from the pic  :$

Looking forward to more updates

Thanks mate :D Nope never worked in a bodyshop…just taught myself  really sprayed my first car when I was 17 and done a few families cars and bits and bobs just got better at it :) Im only 22 now, like my granddad though can turn my hand to most things :D

mk1 daz said

Love the colour!!!

Just read all thread and your doing well ;-)

I love it too :D

thanks mate

Jamie

Back to the top
Oh wow she's a stunner - very nice paintwork indeed  :cool:  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
just read your thread and it looks awsome, well done. im plucking up the courage to do final paint on mine(well that and the weather) but hope it comes out as good as yours.

Back to the top
Excellent work mate, shes looking stunning!!
 :wub:  :wub:

Back to the top
Superb home spray job, looks amazing  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Best colour too  :lol:

Matt

Back to the top

pazwaa said

Superb home spray job, looks amazing  :thumbs: :thumbs:Best colour too  :lol:Matt

Melteddrummer said

Excellent work mate, shes looking stunning!!
 :wub: :wub:

Majeka said

just read your thread and it looks awsome, well done. im plucking up the courage to do final paint on mine(well that and the weather) but hope it comes out as good as yours.

Hairyarse said

Oh wow she's a stunner - very nice paintwork indeed  :cool: :thumbs:
Thanks Guys  :)… Its getting their made a lot of progress this week may even be able to try starting her up over the weekend :DWill get some more pics up soon :DJamie

Back to the top
This is awesome  :)
Going to be watching this closely, top work, looks really good  :thumbs:

Back to the top

Joe Hayes said

This is awesome  :)
Going to be watching this closely, top work, looks really good  :thumbs:

:D Thanks matey :D

jamie

Back to the top
Right update time lots of progress again got the engine in with help from the family lifted the front of car the up and slid it under :)Hoping to get it running this weekend though had problem with it turning over slow even with a charged battery and good earths so thinking the starters no good anyone have any ideas :/ ?
Wrapped the exhaust manifold to keep the heat off the steering boot

Inlet manifold on :) 
Made a bracket up for the air box and got that mounted

New hoses

Getting everything connected up

Got a slim line fan

Some bits and bobs for tidying the electrics up and to change the gearbox oil and oil
Making use of the pit to connect the exhaust up and change the oils and tidy the wires up :D …Handy to have :)

More pics to come soon guys as iv made more progress since these ones :DThanks
Jamie

Last edit: by mk1 Jamie

Back to the top
Whoa, you have been busy  :thumbs:  your engine bay is filling up very nicely.

Matt

Back to the top
Love the blue manifold ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
love the work -
question - I can see you have a fan to kick out all the unwanted gases, do you have any form of heat in there? and are you only spraying in nice weather?

Back to the top
Nice colour choice will you be doing it like a gti or magpie chrome every where an to what veedubjay said i thought the fan was for cooling maybe im wrong now to think of it would that not suck hot air from the engine bay at your rad is this the point to get rid of hot air from the engine bay or to cool the rad mines just the same as this

Back to the top

pazwaa said

Whoa, you have been busy  :thumbs:  your engine bay is filling up very nicely.

Matt

Thanks buddy :)

Hairyarse said

Love the blue manifold ;)

Cheeers had to do something to make it look better specially since the mechanical fuel injection is so messy and ugly normally….might change to carbs once its on the road though..will see :)

veedubjay said

love the work -
question - I can see you have a fan to kick out all the unwanted gases, do you have any form of heat in there? and are you only spraying in nice weather?

Hiya mate yeah mainly had it because the overspray builds up in their and I couldn't see a thing through my visor lol and considering its only a old house fan done a okay job but if I do another one I will invest in a proper fan I think and have one blowing air in at the back door and one sucking it out through the front I think …no heat but it was good weather when I done it 2k paint drys well anyway and can be done when colder you just use a faster hardner :)

TONYS OCD VW said

Nice colour choice will you be doing it like a gti or magpie chrome every where an to what veedubjay said i thought the fan was for cooling maybe im wrong now to think of it would that not suck hot air from the engine bay at your rad is this the point to get rid of hot air from the engine bay or to cool the rad mines just the same as this

yeah all the chrome bits will go back so it will look more like a series 1 :)……ahh think you got confused veedubjay is talking about the fan I used  when spraying…..and as for the engine bay fan it sucks air through the rad not blows air at it …the one I have brought can work either way though :)

Thanks guys :D
Jamie

Back to the top
Thanks for explaining  :thumbs:  learn somthing new

Back to the top
great work dude.

bare with me, im new to this!

Back to the top
Thanks guys :DHavent updated in a while but good news SHE RUNS !!!..got all the battery cable made and battery in the boot…had a few problems with the earths not getting a good enough connection and starter motor was knackered got new one fitted on bit of easy start and she fired up was well chuffed so now Im moving on to the little bits and pieces

Few pics of some of the progress…

Undersealed the back of the wings and under arches

Sound deadend all the floors

Fitted the lightbuckets

Could not fit the headlights without polishing the back of them lol

Her Eyes are back on :D

On to the rear lights these where in a terrible state all scratched think they had been lacquered in the past

Soon sorted them out wet sanded them right back and the polished them back up :D

Their will be some more updates soon…Got a new headlining going to start fitting it tomorrow  also got a Wolfsberg steering wheel from my girlfriend for my birthday to fit :D need to start deciding on what to do with the seats thinking of getting some trimmed in tan, cream or maybe just black vinyl or leather cant decide on the colour though ..Any opinions ?

Thanks Jamie

Back to the top
Wow looks great ! Keep up the hard work

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.