Skip navigation

My GTI, ready for show season

Back to the top
cheers…us lot from Oxford will head down to Newbury, then along the M4…so if theres a meet up point on this route please let us know, and we will try and get there!

Cheers

Back to the top
Very very nice! Love the seats. This is what I would do if ever I was doing an interior change. I think fabric seats look so much better than leather IMO. Is that your house by the way? Old cars always look good against that kind of backdrop! :cool:

Back to the top

jazman said

Very very nice! Love the seats. This is what I would do if ever I was doing an interior change. I think fabric seats look so much better than leather IMO. Is that your house by the way? Old cars always look good against that kind of backdrop! :cool:

yeah I agree, fabric seats seem to suit the car, and love the old skool feel of the houndstooth pattern. annoyingly there is a bit of wear/tear on the drivers bolster which I will hopefully be able to get repaired soon.

yeah mate, thats my manor…it's up for sale if you are interested? only £10m

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-43540306.html

ha ha….yeah right, I wish…it's just a nice place I use to photograph my cars.

Back to the top
I have a slight issue with my rear brake lights, the passenger side is a lot dimmer than the drivers side, brand new lights, brand new bulbs!

Any ideas?

Back to the top
Nice looking car you have there and nice subtle mods, I hope to take a proper look around if I make it to the AGM  :thumbs:
Have you checked the wattage of the bulbs? You might have different ones fitted or if its a twin filament bulb (side light and brake light in one) there is also a possibility the bulb is fitted 180 degrees out! Sorry if this is basic stuff you have already checked but I dont know how mechanically minded you are  :thumbs:

Goly The Golf, a 1983 5dr 1.3cl having a full resto.
Cherub, a 1985 Mk2 Polo Breadvan.
1995 Rover Mini Sprite (wife's daily)

Back to the top
Hi All,

Few of you have asked for some "before" photos, so here you go…the first few were the day I picked it up (make he think "why" did I looking at it now) then a few of the bay striped…all my work was done inside 9 months.

Back to the top

GolyTheGolf said

Nice looking car you have there and nice subtle mods, I hope to take a proper look around if I make it to the AGM  :thumbs:
Have you checked the wattage of the bulbs? You might have different ones fitted or if its a twin filament bulb (side light and brake light in one) there is also a possibility the bulb is fitted 180 degrees out! Sorry if this is basic stuff you have already checked but I dont know how mechanically minded you are  :thumbs:

thanks, yes I am definitely going to be at the AGM, 100%. Also, cheers for the tips on the bulb, I have not even looked at this yet, so will check these out asap.

Cheers

Back to the top

Regtheboy said

GolyTheGolf said

thanks, yes I am definitely going to be at the AGM, 100%. Also, cheers for the tips on the bulb, I have not even looked at this yet, so will check these out asap.

Cheers

Did you manage to sort your lights out mate?

Goly The Golf, a 1983 5dr 1.3cl having a full resto.
Cherub, a 1985 Mk2 Polo Breadvan.
1995 Rover Mini Sprite (wife's daily)

Back to the top

GolyTheGolf said

Regtheboy said

GolyTheGolf said

Cheers

Did you manage to sort your lights out mate?

Yes I did thanks mate, just took the bulb out, brushed terminals with wire wool…back in, DONE!! cheers.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.