Skip navigation

83 mk1 vr6 build

Back to the top
here is a sneek pic of my engine bay
Photo and Video Storage | Photobucket  :thumbs:

Back to the top

mk1nutt3r said

there not a v6 and they might sound good but ive had loads of vr6's and I do prefer the 1.8 20v turbo in my opinion its a lot better engine and a lot lighter so not has much under steer. Has my mate has a mk1 with a vr6 in and it dose nothing but under steer out on track its got coil overs adjustable arb's full weld in cage and he as just had a full corner weight and alignment set up and it still under steers when pushed quite hard into a corner

A VR6 is a V6.
It only has one crank and the pots are not inline so they do run in a Vee shape, all be it a narrow and staggered one !

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Its definatly the aaa 2.8 engine the car has a full stainless system on it so should sound the nuts as for the 1.8t with the turbo and all piping and intercooler and that it only comes in 20-30kgs lighter which isnt much really the problem is the weight of the vr6 sits more forward and presume some of the handling will be sacrificed but there is both cons and pros with both engines and to me there both outweigh each other so its one or the other and as its there to hand il be using it where as if it came with the 1.8t engine i'd be using that both good engines. I would have prefered to have its original engine but to get a 1.8 dx now in good condition considering there about 30 years old is going to be pretty tough.

Back to the top
Understeer is exactly what you want in a track car that's not driven by a pro - it's far safer as you're less likely to spin it. Much easier to add slightly more steering input than it is to reduce it, so it's more controllable and driving it at the grip limit is easier…

Stone

"Klaus": 1987 Clipper Cabrio, LA7Y, 1.8 Weber (auto)
1995 Corrado VR6, LK4Z: RIP
2003 Golf R32, LB5R

Back to the top
Had a break from car this weekend with the girlfriend being off work so not much progress done apart from finishing the rollover spit. i went in today to remove rear wheels, axle, tank ect and now have come across 2 locking wheel nuts that are a nightmare to remove without the key cant seem to get a socket hammered on 17 too small 18 too big 11/16 rounded off tried drilling a hole in them to weld a nut on but the things are made of kryptonite knackered 2 drill bits now and haven't hardly made a scratch i also made a tool using an old socket but that broke too i'l try again later and do some bodywork instead.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.