Skip navigation

19 year old barn find pics

Back to the top

Campaign been sat in the back of a garage!!!

the_party_guy said

where it was and how it looks after only a wash DSC00405.JPG DSC00399.JPG DSC00397.JPG IMG_1723.JPG IMG_1724.JPG IMG_1725.JPG IMG_1726.JPG IMG_1730.JPG IMG_1732.JPG DSC00415.JPG

Hi
I cant seem to see any photos
cheers
baz

Back to the top
Hi baz
 You said you cant seen the photos, if you are interested . PM me you're email I will send them to you .
 cheers
 Jase

Back to the top
Great find, they are still out there if you look hard enough .

76 ?
78 gls
83 gti 5v

Back to the top
'Open sesame!' - Brilliant find. :)

Back to the top

the_party_guy said

where it was and how it looks after only a wash DSC00405.JPG DSC00399.JPG DSC00397.JPG IMG_1723.JPG IMG_1724.JPG IMG_1725.JPG IMG_1726.JPG IMG_1730.JPG IMG_1732.JPG DSC00415.JPG

test

Back to the top
Brilliant find. Well done mate. Gotta say I'm a bit jealous :lol:

What's the plans for her now?

Back to the top

the_party_guy said

A big thank for all you're comments ,the car is in really good condition with no tin worm in usual places either so I'm a very happy man.
The brakes don't work (pedal goes to the floor). It's a non runner due to the plunger being seized solid in the metering head and a broken fuel pipe (accumulator to main feed line). Other than this its all good.
For those who asked  its done 81250 miles and had 3 owners.
Oh and forgot to say it's a campaign with the 17EW vin number.

Thanks for the email  :thumbs:

Car looks very good indeed, credit to the build quality of a mk1 golf, please dont stick huge wheels on her & drop her to the deck, leave it standard  :cool:

Back to the top

smudger said

Brilliant find. Well done mate. Gotta say I'm a bit jealous

What's the plans for her now?

I hope to MOT and tax it for the summer as I've not owned a mk1 for around 17 years and I want to enjoy it. Then I plan to strip her down and give her a rebuild , after my first rebuild I said I would never do it again but here I am about to start another.
Crazy what a MK1 will do to you, they just seem to get in you're blood.

Back to the top

bazmk1 said

the_party_guy said

A big thank for all you're comments ,the car is in really good condition with no tin worm in usual places either so I'm a very happy man.
The brakes don't work (pedal goes to the floor). It's a non runner due to the plunger being seized solid in the metering head and a broken fuel pipe (accumulator to main feed line). Other than this its all good.

Thanks for the email  

Car looks very good indeed, credit to the build quality of a mk1 golf, please dont stick huge wheels on her & drop her to the deck, leave it standard  

Standard all the way mate , already got a set of mk1 p slots to go on her (7mm gap).

Back to the top

the_party_guy said

bazmk1 said

the_party_guy said

Thanks for the email   :thumbs:Car looks very good indeed, credit to the build quality of a mk1 golf, please dont stick huge wheels on her & drop her to the deck, leave it standard   :cool:
Standard all the way mate , already got a set of mk1 p slots to go on her (7mm gap).
phew thank god for that put my neck out there! I would haved to unfollow yet another thread otherwise, i have many many miles of mk1 driving under my belt & they are best left standard maybe dont look amazing to some but the are a real drivers car in standrad form & i am all about the driving a we tweak to the engine is fine though

Back to the top
The guy I had the car off has just found the old log book from when he first purchased  it . It says he bought the car in October 1989. It's  been a long time since I've seen one of these  :lol:

Back to the top
Amazing find, lucky there was no damp in that garage mate.
Mines been sat for 3 years now waiting for some love in my own shed, but been so busy with my mk1 Caddy's .

1983 mk1 golf gti campaign

1988 mk1 caddy 1.8

1988 mk1 caddy 1.6

1991 mk2 golf gti

1996 mk3 golf gti

Back to the top
Great find very jealous, 3 owners and good mileage, nice!

enjoy it mate  :)

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Got her in the workshop at last !!!

Back to the top
MOT booked for Monday.
Happy days  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Good luck, I was nervous with mine being stored away for so long, but it sailed through, hope yours does the same.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
no one seems to have asked what you paid :)
not that that matters it looks a great find  :thumbs:

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
Before I tell, have a guess.
What does everyone think it's worth?? No welding needed anywhere, solid as the day it was born.
I will tell what I gave for it next time I'm on.

Back to the top
Thanks Richard hall

Back to the top
I'm guessing you got a right bargain and it was a grand or something like that? - worth a lot more though!  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.