Skip navigation

79 s1 sleeper project

Back to the top
like the sounds of the plans. any pics of the colour?

Back to the top

browner01 said

like the sounds of the plans. any pics of the colour?

Top secret I'm afraid

Back to the top
So I bought another donor car

let the good times roll

Back to the top
:o very jealous!!

Back to the top

browner01 said

If your interested, when I have had what I want from the 5door, I will be selling the shell and 1.5 engine which is in the back, it has been fully rebuilt by Danny Allen, but had the head took off to be able to fit in the back of the car, by previous owner, then got left for over a year and never got put back together hence the light surface rust on the top of the head, and it is ver light, I may even clean it all up and put it back together when I sell the shell, as this is the org engine , the motor/car has only done 55,000….. Up to you, I'll give you first dibs if ya interested…..👍

Back to the top
Saw both of these up for sale a while ago and thought about the s1 gti, but had no where to put it at the time, seemed a bit of a bargain, I now have a project and looked at poss getting that 5dr like you as a spares car, but it was too far away! looking forward to seeing what you do with it

Back to the top

bud said

Saw both of these up for sale a while ago and thought about the s1 gti, but had no where to put it at the time, seemed a bit of a bargain, I now have a project and looked at poss getting that 5dr like you as a spares car, but it was too far away! looking forward to seeing what you do with it

Hi
If I'm honest, it's has been a bit of a ball ache collecting all 3 of the motors to be honest, but knowing that I will have a very nice 3 door 2.0l 16v with a few twists along the way has been driving me on to collect all 3, but now they are all home safe in my man cave, I'm a very happy and excited man ( little boy in a sweet shop more like)
I find myself not sleeping at night thinking of every nut and bolt and alterations I need to do…
I'm hoping 6 months max, but we will see….

Eat sleep breath VW………😝

Back to the top
I'm sure it will be worth it  :thumbs:  
looking forward to see what you do with it so keep the updates coming

Back to the top

Wibb5 said

browner01 said

If your interested, when I have had what I want from the 5door, I will be selling the shell and 1.5 engine which is in the back, it has been fully rebuilt by Danny Allen, but had the head took off to be able to fit in the back of the car, by previous owner, then got left for over a year and never got put back together hence the light surface rust on the top of the head, and it is ver light, I may even clean it all up and put it back together when I sell the shell, as this is the org engine , the motor/car has only done 55,000….. Up to you, I'll give you first dibs if ya interested…..👍

as much as i would love a series 1. i already have two mk1s. 3 might be a bit greedy haha i just wish one of mine was a series 1.

thanks anyay pal

Back to the top
So I decided to remove the rear panel today
as knowing that it was a s2 rear panel it was annoying me some what
drilling out factory spot welds is fun, drilling out weld from someone else's repair is not

As you can clearly see, this is no genuine part…lol

Already have got the rear panel of the 5 door s1, currently undergoing some minor repair work  and removing any unwanted rust
more to come folks

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.