Skip navigation

Tempted to put the MK1 up for sale......

???

Keep the Mk1
Sell Mk1 and get T25
You do not have permission to vote

Back to the top
Bank loan . Have both . Problem solved  :cool:

Instagram Firemandan1

Back to the top

dano999 said

As I say - you only live once!!!!!!

Back to the top

tododavies said

dano999 said

As I say - you only live once!!!!!!

lmao ive never had a loan and thats the way i wanna keep it until i buy a house! :D

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
Sleep in the T25 haha

Instagram Firemandan1

Back to the top
Get a loan mate, provided that you keep up the repayments it'll actually help you to get a mortgage. Having no history of lending is just as bad as having bad credit history - lenders deem you as just as much of a risk as your an unknown to them.

I got a loan for my T25 (T3), best thing I've done as I couldn't be without my Mk1.

T25s are awesome, great to drive, actually not that slow and if you buy a late one they have P.A.S.

Miner's a multi van, sort of camper, people carrier and van all rolled into one.

Size wise they're only a bit longer than the mk1.  :thumbs:

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top

arf333 said

Fathammer said

You'll regret selling the S1 and what would you do without the MK1OC ?

i know youd miss me lol

You can't b*gger off, you just made mod status!!  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Don't do it!!! O_o

Back to the top
GavB95's shout above is one to consider mate

I never had a loan on car before BM, but if you just borrow a couple of grand at decent APR make sure monthly payments back are comfortable for you to pay, and it will build your credit up :-)

win win

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

arf333 said

tubbett said

The t25 will be more money too run, more difficult to park, slower, handle poorer
you never driven a 5 dor gls i take it then  :lol:also how you doing! long tim no speak, i saw you sent me a message a while back on my emails but i could not work out how to read or reply to it on the forum :)
 no sorry i havnt, very funny though. Im well thanks and for the first time ever I will not be away at work for the AGM so will hopefully see you if your going:lol::lol::lol:

Do it once and do it right! ok, we've identified the problem, lets not make it worse by guessing……… Identifying the sympton is not the same as understanding the cause :)

Back to the top
Youve only had it 5 mins!! I wouldnt really want to be using a camper as a daily. like for mentioned, finance it! You only live once, and if you borrow 2/3 grand on a good interest rate its not gonna sting you hard monthly, and if you keep it up together, the T25 will be an investment as the prices are getting higher. Atleast you can camp when you attend the meets too  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Volkswagen Golf LS (1981 X)   Austin Morris Mini HL (1981 X)  Honda Civic Type S CTDi (2009 59)   Mercedes-Benz 208D F & D Motorhome (1990 G)  Audi A2 SE (2001 X) Banner

Back to the top
 :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Just wanna point out golf isnt daily, at the moment we have 3 cars hence why the camper as 4th isnt possible :(

If i was going for investment id borrow money to respray the golf, redo the engine, make it look 100% but i own it to enjoy and drive as much as possible {although ive only done 1000 miles since september lol} not for it to be locked away…..
Same if i were to buy a T25 it would be used as a camper none of this show queen business :D

Im swaying towards keeping it as ive just seen the bill to get my mums camper through the MOT  :lol:

I think i might just get a tow bar put on the Mk1 and buy a trailer tent :D best of both worlds then lol

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
go for a camper you will love it free break away every time you use it you can always buy a other mk1 later on in life i have a bay and a mk1 but selling my mk1 and will get a other mk1 in a few years time.

Back to the top
I've not stayed on a campsite in mine yet! Wild camping every time.  :lol:

It's saved £ on site fees, saved me hiring a van for collecting a bathroom suite and stove, saved me hiring a skip to take rubble to the tip, earned me money moving a mates sofa etc etc….

Buy a t25 and it will save you money in the long run!  :lol:

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top
DONT DO IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to the top
Do whatever puts the biggest smile on your face. One life, live it and all that etc. etc.

1983 White cabriolet GTi

Back to the top
Your decision at the end of the day, but be sure that if you buy the T25 that your not buying yourself a load of trouble, depends what engine as water cooled ones had issues if it is:-)

Last edit: by CabrioAnna

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top
Tischer is the way to go MK1 caddy for daily/tip trips,5* camping when needed. :thumbs:

Back to the top
The trouble is i hate selling cars, anyone wanna turn up at my house with ££££?  

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
if you always wanted one then i would say go for it then, you can always scrimp and save for the next few months and just buy another mk1 cabby to run along side it

Old dubs never die, they just get lower
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.