Skip navigation

Sportline for sale for £12k

Back to the top
Agreed Rich

I class mine as standard and original as although I have changed lots of bits, they have been improved on and I have also kept all the original lights etc.

I am going to ditch Adrian Flux this month and I will increase my guaranteed value from £6k upto ??

As in my opinion £6k is way to low for mine now.

Back to the top
Richy, I dont think that changing parts out because they are old/worn out can be considered anything but good maintenance.
If you were stranded at the side of the road in a steaming puddle of coolant because you didnt change-out the expansion tank when it clearly needed doing is just crazy and anyone that thought it took away from the originality from a car is off there rocker, cars are after all supposed to be used IMO
The factory made the radiator ductings from cardboard and even in the very best of climates cardboard is not meant to last and your engine certainly would not thank you for operating it without them (I have some interesting statistics from CAT about the loss of effiency without correct ducting if anyones interested) so again, changing them out is excellent work.
The original factory finish to a rocker cover again is a powder coat, one that was not meant to last so all in all your approach is first class and really shouldnt be confused with anything other than what it is.
Good Maintenance :)
That said, I think this car is a little optimistically priced, although I am a little biased in my thoughts because as you know I am still looking for one, (still no real news on the irish deal, solicitors involved, no cash, no car :P  but thats a whole different story.

:offtopic:  are there any club members who are solictitors dealing with motoring issues? i have two or three cases that I could put there way?

Do it once and do it right! ok, we've identified the problem, lets not make it worse by guessing……… Identifying the sympton is not the same as understanding the cause :)

Back to the top
@tub Ian mate I need to catch up with you about that, sorry to hear no money back still, I thought you might have got somewhere in the end and got some money back   

Massbad69 I definitely agree yours is worth well in excess of 6K, get the agreed value up mate

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.