Skip navigation

Sportline for sale for £12k

Back to the top

Julesgreycab said

It's all a moot point, especially as I heard the 1.6 carb gl cabby is the one to get  :ninja: even more so when in grey  :ninja:

:thumbs:

Back to the top
Refurb Chris ? Yours is immaculate well until I put my fingerprints all over it at ultimate dubs lol 

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top
If it was a black sportline it would be worth more as there were less made lol.

Back to the top

Swerve said

Refurb Chris ? Yours is immaculate well until I put my fingerprints all over it at ultimate dubs lol 

I'm coming armed and dangerous for defending against unwanted touching of the car by random fingers :-D

Back to the top

mike_turbo said

Less made because…………..not as popular :-D

Not that I'm getting at my future black Sportline ;-D

Back to the top
The £25k GTI on PH is now down to £9999, wonder why!  O_o

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Massbad69 said

mike_turbo said

i think I will paint mine red then.

Back to the top

mike_turbo said

Massbad69 said

mike_turbo said

Mike yours could be any colour it wants as its going to be a work of art !!

Back to the top

Massbad69 said

mike_turbo said

Massbad69 said

mike_turbo said

Mike yours could be any colour it wants as its going to be a work of art !!

:$ lol.

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

That's not the £25k car that's down a bit on PH and its selling by 4star classics.

But I looked at the £9999 car last night and can't remember the price, was it £11995 ??

Back to the top

Massbad69 said

Hairyarse said

That's not the £25k car that's down a bit on PH and its selling by 4star classics.

But I looked at the £9999 car last night and can't remember the price, was it £11995 ??

The price has been up and down between £20-£25k, it started at £22k from memory, I had email correspondence with the seller. It was at £24,999 yesterday, now £9,999. It looks like it has potential to be a nice car, but it doesn't look mint

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Trying to find a nice standard cabrio is getting harder these days. They are fetching more than the modded ones like the hatch GTi.

Banner

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Massbad69 said

Hairyarse said

The price has been up and down between £20-£25k, it started at £22k from memory, I had email correspondence with the seller. It was at £24,999 yesterday, now £9,999. It looks like it has potential to be a nice car, but it doesn't look mint

Andy

Thats strong money when it was at full price for what looks to be a decent but not immaculate car.

Chris

Back to the top
Has anyone actually seen the car (the GTi), or is this just speculation? My impression is that it is being advertised as an original car not a restored one. Quite a few nice standard, original cars for sale at the moment.

Banner

Back to the top

Massbad69 said

Just spotted this in eBay for sale.

L reg and looks in good condition but £12k ??

http://bit.ly/1jwDXu0

Would be interested if anyone knows anything about this car.

Back to the top
I don't know anyone that knows anything but maybe Shughy does ???

Its top money but if its top condition then go and see it :-)

Back to the top
I do,
It was sold on Car and Classic for 3750(approx) in May 2013 from Berkshire.
She was wearing different wheels (a set of six spoke something or others) at the time and was sold because of illness.
It then appeared on Car and Classic again in November 2013 for 9500 in Yorkshire with its new owner. This appears to be the same guy that is currently advertising it on ebay.
First of all for 11995 (i think) and currently for 9995.

Looks like a clean car, she was missing rad cards and had a cracked plastic scuttle cover in may 2013 but not seen any under bonnet pics since and the front seat looks like the material is giving way to ruffling?! but thats to be expected for a golf with 100,000 miles on the clock.

My biggest concern however is that any car that has been used in the uk for that amount of time and with that mileage will undoubtably require what I would describe as fabric maintenance. This would have to include the removal of the bodykit / bumpers / fuel tank etc what I would consider a 100,000 service basically.

Lovely looking car though but too rich for my blood.

Do it once and do it right! ok, we've identified the problem, lets not make it worse by guessing……… Identifying the sympton is not the same as understanding the cause :)

Back to the top

tubbett said

I do,
It was sold on Car and Classic for 3750(approx) in May 2013 from Berkshire.
She was wearing different wheels (a set of six spoke something or others) at the time and was sold because of illness.
It then appeared on Car and Classic again in November 2013 for 9500 in Yorkshire with its new owner. This appears to be the same guy that is currently advertising it on ebay.
First of all for 11995 (i think) and currently for 9995.

Looks like a clean car, she was missing rad cards and had a cracked plastic scuttle cover in may 2013 but not seen any under bonnet pics since and the front seat looks like the material is giving way to ruffling?! but thats to be expected for a golf with 100,000 miles on the clock.

My biggest concern however is that any car that has been used in the uk for that amount of time and with that mileage will undoubtably require what I would describe as fabric maintenance. This would have to include the removal of the bodykit / bumpers / fuel tank etc what I would consider a 100,000 service basically.

Lovely looking car though but too rich for my blood.

Thats a fair step up from the buying price in a year  :|

Back to the top
I suppose the fella is just looking to make a buck? I would have looked at her myself but had only just got back out to work and the car and classic seller couldnt wait.
I can guarantee the info i posted though.

If the underbonnet work is the same she has a poorly fitted immobiliser unit (certainly looks like an immobiliser anyway, mounted on the o/s inner wall) with some dubious looking spade type connections and a very dangerous looking cable routed across the metering head. And the aforementioned cracked scuttle cover.

Do it once and do it right! ok, we've identified the problem, lets not make it worse by guessing……… Identifying the sympton is not the same as understanding the cause :)

Back to the top
Hugh has been in conversations with this guy, an L plate Sportline in Red was exactly what I wanted but all I could find when I was looking was a CatD one.

I hope Andy gets as close to his revised asking price of £9995.00 as possible as great news for us other sportline owners  ;) .

I would be interested to know if "original" cars would potentially fetch more money than cars such as some of ours which have had things such as new expansion tanks, rad cards, powder coated rockers etc, as to me this is just light restoration and improving the overall quality of the car.

I have my standard suspension and if not on the RM's I would still class mine as standard, new badges etc are OEM they are just replacing tired old items …….

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.