Skip navigation

v5 mk1 golf project

Back to the top

the start!

That car is nice. We've chatted about that on Facebook :D
Any progress on the under dash tray?

Back to the top
Got the under dash tray, it all seemed okay on the test fit, needs a little tidy up, but will be fine, it's the under dash carpet I'm having the trouble with, can't find any and no one wants to send me a template to make my own, I'll keep trying though, got to be one nice person willing to help 

Alex Butcher - V5 powered MK1!  :ocf_emoticons__borg:

Back to the top
So I've finally started welding up the car! Is gonna take a long time to get it all done I think! But I'd say I've had a good little start! 
C:\fakepath\image.jpg
Still need to do the front panel, other inner wing, scuttle panel needs removing and rust work, both sills, some floor pan holes and rear panel! Nice little list! Should keep me busy!!

Back to the top
Tidy ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Nice repair there.

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
Today's progress!! For some one who's never cut a car up before I'd say I wasn't doing too bad! I get a little worried i may be cutting the wrong stuff or maybe cutting more than I need to some times! But nothing major has gone wrong! Car seems to be looking worse than when I got it! But it's all work that needs doing as the car was made of mostly rubbish welds and filler! 

Back to the top
Tidy work Alex  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Just under going some surgery but when your done it will be good as new and ready to take on the world. Nice job so far.

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
I get so eager to buy things and my list of parts keeps getting bigger and bigger!!! Been searching the web for the last couple days looking out for seats! Managed to get two recaro orthopedic seats, (from two different buyers) they will need re trimming, but they are pretty cool I think!

Back to the top
 :thumbs:  nice.

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
So I've finally got the new seats! Had one delivered from Belfast while I was in turkey the other day, and just had a 3 hour drive to get the other one! Pretty happy with them, got to see one of them working! And they're soo cool!! Heated, lumbar support and electric movement! They'll look soo good once retrimmed in the golf! 

Back to the top
 :thumbs: Luxury  :thumbs:

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
Also a minor thing I've been thinking about doing was making a flip key, think it's gonna cost about £20 all in, ordered all the parts to do it, shall let you know how it goes 
Pretty much the list of parts

Back to the top
Very posh.
Are going to get the seats re-trimmed or leave them as they are?

Back to the top
Gonna retrimm them, the seat in the picture is pretty nice, the other seat has a couple massive ripps, so I may get them upholstered to look similar to this 

Back to the top
Nice one. I suppose that way you'll be able to get the back seat matched as well  :thumbs:

Back to the top
That's gonna look great.  :thumbs:

MK1CRAZY YAHOOOOO!!!!!

Back to the top
Yeah I'll be getting the rear done, not sure weather to keep the standard seat or try a different one maybe

Back to the top
Had a little browse online and think a corrado rear bench with the centre arm rest is definitely the best option! Looks great and suits the sort of shape as the two recaros, only problem is merging the front of the centre armrest down so it looks neat and not just over hanging

Back to the top
So it's been a while since I last posted anything! The cars taken a lot longer than I'd anticipated! But I've got some small updates! I know you all love engine updates! But unfortunately this is just some body work! Well.. A lot of body work! 

So the car pretty much had no front end, it's had new sills, new rear inner arches, new front inner wings, new wings, new front panel, lots of work on the scuttle and just loads more welding all round!!  C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg C:\fakepath\image.jpg

The only thing we didn't save was the tailgate! Which needs replacing :(

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.