Skip navigation

MK1 Cabriolet GTi 2.0L, Helios, Restoration - MORE UPDATES!

Back to the top

Lots of work ahead!

Had a few days off this week so got a few more jobs done on the MK1. After a good hoover out and rebuilding the dash, the front carpet finally went in, and Gaz's tailored car mats fitted. I've put the door membranes and door cards in too, for the first time in 4 months since i've owned it, it doesn't let in a single drop of water which is a massive relief! Unfortunately the car doesn't start (despite the new battery) but I suspect its another corroded fusebox pin issue because the fuel pump doesn't prime. I'll get there in the end though! I've treated the car to a set of APEX RDX adjustable coilovers with new top mounts, OE lower arms, new ball joints and bushes and track rod ends so i'll be fitting those when shes back on the road properly!

Some quick pictures of the interior…

Back to the top
Smart looking interior  :thumbs:

Matt

Back to the top
Thanks Matt.

Well there had been some bigger updates since the last post, the interior has been completely refitted and I've installed a DAB stereo which means I can remove the wing aerial. I've just stripped down the front suspension as I've bought some Apex RDX coilovers but thought there is no point fitting fresh coilovers when the lower arms and all of the other bushes were perished. Some new lower arms with OE rubbers are going to be fitted tomorrow, sadly I managed to sheer a couple of the anti roll bar mounting bracket bolts so that's held me back today. Also got an OMP lower strut brace which will be interesting to see if this makes any difference.

Only worry I have is that the new arm looks slightly different to the new one but I think it should be fine. I've also fitted new number plate lamps as the old ones had gone yellow and frosty, plus the metal part had gone a bit rusty too.

Back to the top
Anymore updates budd?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.