Skip navigation

MK1 Golf 1.1 (1.8) part restoration

Back to the top

After my 18th birthday I decided to get some balls and buy myself a MK1

And here's a few photos I forgot to upload from last week of the engine bay and inside, yes it looks rubbish but I love the matte black bonnet, when I have more money I'm thinking of a 1.8T conversion from a Mk4 golf and to tidy the bay up a bit :) photo 6DB8D2CF-9E88-486C-B22B-8F200C0CD4A2_zpsluwjeddl.jpg

photo D8C471D0-B7A9-4BD7-8E1D-520904D35BDC_zpszlo0m05t.jpg
Here's a random photo of when they were still repairing it, yes I've done it slightly the wrong way round but oh well :lol: photo 161D17C6-D639-47A3-A070-D1333FBE73E0_zpsxn3almgk.jpg

Heres what it looks like on the inside at the moment:

photo 085750E2-5E92-4582-9E76-7A539EB6F731_zpsvw88aaji.jpg

photo 38118A63-9C7E-42DD-84CB-81E8474C4C77_zpsac76t4cj.jpg

DavidRouth - "But my passion is cars. It's what I like to do in my off time. "

Back to the top
Oh and I also bought a Pierburg carb which is the one that is supposed to be on it  :P  :lol:

So hopefully it'll be running properly by the time I get it :)

Back to the top
Nice car mate i would have left it the way it was, looked lovely. im not a fan of all the racecar stuff... but hey, each to their own :)

Back to the top

browner01 said

Nice car mate i would have left it the way it was, looked lovely. im not a fan of all the racecar stuff… but hey, each to their own :)

Thanks, yeah the idea is when I'm a bit older is to get a proper GTI and fully restore it to it's original factory standard, but at the minute I'm just experimenting and seeing what works with what :)

Back to the top
And it's painted!!! Hope you all like it :D Pictures to follow and now it's just having the interior sorted. Rear strut brace came yesterday, and the waistline trim and clips came too. Also picked up the rear lights from the post office from Icky. Cheers, here's some pictures of the car! :thumbs: front.jpg back.jpg golf.jpg

Back to the top
Sorry about the poor quality! Will get some better ones on Thursday or Friday :)

Tyres have also arrived today! Nankangs, 195 45 15 so should give some reasonable but not stupid stretch on my wheels :D

Back to the top
Paint looks very nice  :thumbs:

Are those the wheels you'll be keeping?

Matt

Back to the top

pazwaa said

Paint looks very nice  :thumbs:

Are those the wheels you'll be keeping?

Matt

Thanks! :D

Nope, sold them for £100 but tempted to buy them back  :lol:

Why's that?

Will have some more photos of interior, paint and wheels tomorrow or Friday.

Back to the top
Looks good on them. Thought you might be refurbing them and using them.

Matt

Back to the top
Looking good mate! I also like the wheels that's on :)

Back to the top
Looking good bud, what wheels are they out of interest?

Olly

Back to the top

pazwaa said

Looks good on them. Thought you might be refurbing them and using them.

Matt

Yeah after a think the other day I'm keeping them, they're badly damaged though but it'll be better to refurb them instead of spending £160 odd quid on some other wheels. Thank you :) 

Back to the top

olethalb said

Looking good bud, what wheels are they out of interest?

Olly

Cheers mate :) 

They're BBS KBA's I think :) 

If anyone knows of any centre caps for sale for them I'd appreciate it if you could let me know! 

Back to the top

Melteddrummer said

Looking good mate! I also like the wheels that's on :)

Thank you! Yes think I'm keeping them now, may be for sale in the future  :thumbs:

Back to the top
So I went to see the golf yesterday, and a lot has changed! It's nearly there with just a few more bits to do :)I dropped off the tyres, waistline trim&clips, rear lights and the strut brace which I cleaned up and painted matt black so looks much better :DJust waiting on the debadged grill to arrive from VW Heritage and will drop that off as soon as it comes to see which one I prefer.

Interior wise a lot has changed since last time I saw it; the gear knob is on, carpet is down and the steering wheel is fitted. It looks much better but there is still a few more bits to be fitted :)All I need now is some headlining to cover up the white bits! (if anyone is selling any hit me up)

Exterior wise it had just started to be polished when I got there so will include a photo of the little polished bit :lol:The wheels are on with the old tyres, look absolutely boss IMO, tyres are stretched to hell but I love the look, I know a lot of people won't but it's my car at the end of the day and I love it! The new tyres will be used for everyday use and the others for shows etc.

The seats and harnesses will be going in soon, as there is only 2 more bits of fabricating to be done; the exhaust cutting down and the seat subframes, so they've just been waiting for the strut brace to put the seats in.

The aluminium fuel cap has also been fitted which looks great too :)So, here's some pictures;

Tyres
photo 1463E2D8-9560-4965-ADFA-9E16E0285FB2_zpsngvgpsf6.png

Interior:

photo image_zps013f183b.jpg

photo image_zpscba8f106.jpg

photo image_zps97144058.jpg

photo image_zps44765c5c.jpg

And the outside :D photo image_zps9fe11c94.jpg

Still needs polishing!

And from the back;

photo image_zps10bb9ab7.jpg

photo image_zps900f7a88.jpg

You can see what I mean about the exhaust…

The front, getting the red bits in metal as it's just a vinyl at the minute but was just seeing what it'd look like and tempted to get the badge black;

photo image_zpsb12c3758.jpg

Hard to see but where it's been slightly polished;

photo image_zps035371de.jpg

And you can see from that photo where the waistline trim will be going :)Last 2 pictures which are my favourite!;

photo image_zps3fed6952.jpg

Little instagram edit ;) photo image_zpsd742843b.jpg

Back to the top
Oh and I forgot to mention the front wheels have had to have spacers on to clear the big Audi brakes due to the ET0 offest :lol:Here's a photo of the fuel cap;

photo image_zpsb595bc8b.jpg

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.