Skip navigation

Hi from Southport

Back to the top

Newbie calling Earth...

Hi all, glad to have found this brilliant club, dedicated to such an iconic car!

I have a red 1.8 cabriolet with 69,000 miles on the clock that i bought last year. Not sure how long i'll be keeping her as i have a few other cars and a Honda Fireblade, all of which are 'on the road' and as such it's costing a bloody fortune. Still, looking forward to attending some events when the whether gets better, and hopefully meet up with you guys!

Just a quick question- any recommendations where i could get the car valued realistically?

Thanks,

Ste

Last edit: by VeeSteDub

Back to the top
Hey there dude and welcome along to the forum. Nice looking MK1 you have.

Smudger

Back to the top
hi welcome along, very tidy cabby you got :)

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
Thanks guys :)

Back to the top
Welcome to the club - that's a very nice looking cabby, I'd give you a grand for it no problem  :thumbs:

Seriously though, if you need a value, could do with some more pics and info on it and I'm sure we can help out  ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Nice Cabby mate, hello and welcome :cool:

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Welcome to the club - that's a very nice looking cabby, I'd give you a grand for it no problem  :thumbs:

Seriously though, if you need a value, could do with some more pics and info on it and I'm sure we can help out  ;)

There isn't much petrol in it, so just call it £950  ;)

Here are some more pics…

Back to the top
Further info-

The hood is new, but rear window hasn't been put in yet. Paintwork is original.  Looks immaculate but the car has been touched up here and there. Comprehensive history- i've honestly never seen as much history for a car of this age. Both original sets of keys present, as is ALL the paperwork, books, manuals etc that came with the car. Thatcham alarm and immobiliser. Tonneau cover present, previous owner 7 years, 7 former keepers.

The wheels on it are wide and low profile, and i think the suspension has been stiffened in the past. This makes the car look and handle superb, but puts fillings at risk and keeps my Dentist happy. Car has been waxoyled.

Can't think of anything else really…

Back to the top
looks nice mate. As you said, could really do with a rear window. Not being funny, but you could do with getting rid of those bins! A nice set of BBS would make her sweeeeet!

Banner

Back to the top
I quite like the alloys!

I'm no expert on cabby prices, I'm guessing it would be finding the right buyer - which shouldn't be hard - but guessing in the £2500 - £3500 region?

There's plenty more people on here more qualified on cabby prices though  :thumbs:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
I like the wheels, they're differnet and i think they suit your cabby :)
Dont like the black eyebrow, dont think they look great on MK1's.
Get rid of that, put a rear window in and put it up for like £3000 if youre looking at selling. If youre looking for valuation for insurance put it at £4000 (H)

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
I can't help but thinking those bottom photos are somewhere around Marshside. Am I right?

1980 Mars Red GTI BRMotorsport 142
1983 Black GTI

Back to the top

benandemu said

I can't help but thinking those bottom photos are somewhere around Marshside. Am I right?

No cigar i'm afraid!

Back to the top
Excellent a fellow sandgrounder.

I will hopefully have mine back on the road this summer so will have to give me a shout if your going to any events and we can convoy

Back to the top

VeeSteDub said

benandemu said

No cigar i'm afraid!

Yes, same style of houses. I ride back down there sometimes, but can't say I've noticed the car at all. Then again, not many people have seen mine despite me using it throughout the summer months.

1980 Mars Red GTI BRMotorsport 142
1983 Black GTI

Back to the top

13craig13 said

Excellent a fellow sandgrounder.

I will hopefully have mine back on the road this summer so will have to give me a shout if your going to any events and we can convoy

That would be superb!  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Nice to see another southport fan of the mk1`s. I`ve recently joined this forum and i`m currently on the lookout for something of a small project.I used to run a mark 1 gti 1.6 about 27 years ago and now i want another one.Hope to see you around :thumbs:

Back to the top
Excellent, I'll let you now if I find anything.

Back to the top
Any of you guys going to Bodelwydan on Sunday?

Back to the top

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.