Skip navigation

cant find these gaskets in in the uk anywhere :(

Back to the top
037133073A
027906179A
:( I have tried everywhere from heritage to euro parts to volkspares but to no avail... I just keep getting told there not available anymore! anyone help me out?

mIsChIeF mAnAgEd.... kind of

Back to the top
If you have the originals cant you just use them to make new ones out of gasket paper? or even better scan them and if you know someone with access to a laser cutter get them cut out on that  :)

'83 1.3 Golf Driver GT - Project thread
Instagram - matt.semp

Back to the top

mazza411 said

If you have the originals cant you just use them to make new ones out of gasket paper? or even better scan them and if you know someone with access to a laser cutter get them cut out on that  :)

I only have one of the originals, the more important one of the 2 I don't have :( 

Back to the top
what are they for?

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top

Back to the top
have you tried the dealer? both are still listed as available in my copy of ETKA though it may be out of date I suppose

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top

rubjonny said

have you tried the dealer? both are still listed as available in my copy of ETKA though it may be out of date I suppose

dealer is saying there obsolete :( gonna buy some gasket paper and make them myself.

Back to the top
What are they exactly? My brother in law works for a spares company and is wizard for getting bits for my Cabby and Tintop!

Banner

Back to the top
I have found a site that appears to sell that part number. Just been trying to figure out how to post a link to it as this site wont copy and paste.

Banner

Back to the top
I can run these off for you on a laser cutter!

Do you have a drawing of them sizes etc?

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top

Shughy said

I can run these off for you on a laser cutter!

Do you have a drawing of them sizes etc?

cheers for the offer fellas that's really good of you, but unfortunately I don't have any measurements for them, I got some gasket paper so it should be ok with that.

Back to the top

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top

funk-star said

thats one he's after yes

Regards Volkswarren

Back to the top
Ok well I have these in stock.

Back to the top

funk-star said

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet    getting to that point where im wanting to get it back together 102.JPG

Back to the top

funk-star said

Don't suppose you still have one Funk? 037133073A
Long shot but you never know  :thumbs:

I no longer have the Mk1!! I now whizz round in a Black 1990 3dr Mk2 GTi 8v but the roof doesn't fold back when the sun shines :o

Back to the top

Back to the top
I normally make my own gaskets, using vellumoid gasket material. I mark out the holes on the gasket material then punch them out using a leather hole punch. Then I coat one side with a thin layer of silicone, assemble the part with the gasket, tighten the bolts and leave it overnight to allow the silicone to cure. I then take it apart - the gasket is now stuck to the metal surface - and trim it down using a sharp blade following the shape of the part it is stuck to. You can do final assembly with or without another thin layer of silicone on the remaing side, without the 2nd layer of silicone you can take the assembly apart without compromising the gasket, pic below is for gaskets I made for my ramtubes, I've removed and refitted them a number of times and the gaskets still looks fine…

1983 Golf GT 2.1 16V with throttles/1978 Golf LS 2.1 ABF with throttles/2008 Citi Storm 1.4i/2007 Hyundai Getz - my daily

Back to the top
CSV gasket is available from main dealer got one 2 weeks ago through TPS 90p+vat

lhasa green 83 gti tintop MOT passed Aug '14 after nearly 12 years!
Audi A6 3.0 tdi Avant Quattro Le Mans 305bhp 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.