Skip navigation

Mk1 Golf Full Rebuild

Back to the top

conor1992 said

pazwaa said

As mr meltdrummer says, that colour will look great on a mk1 golf  :thumbs:

Matt

Just bloody realised that the car of the month on the home page is suzuka grey! Dammit! Oh well, we will see…

Proof the colour looks good  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Been a little while since last updated this, mainly due to the fact that nothing's been going on due to lack of funds.

I've decided to make a change in the plans I have for the engine, instead of using the 16v I'm going for a 1.8 turbo. It seems the better option in terms of tuneability, reliability and drivability. Initially I though it would be too much to spend and too much work, however after thinking about the fact this 16v would need a rebuild, and the cost of carbs, manifold, and setting up, there's not going to be a lot in it.

Went to the workshop today, got the gearbox off the 16v engine and bare metalled it. It's an 02a so ideal for what I need, means I can run a hydraulic clutch.

I also totally bare metalled the drivers side wing, the passenger side will be done this week and I can get them coated and protected then.

Also, I got bored the other day and decided to make a bin for my bedroom out of an old castrol oil barrel I had knocking around the workshop, looks pretty cool in my opinion…

Back to the top
Inner wing looks in very good nick, always nice! Bin looks great too  :lol:

Matt

Back to the top

pazwaa said

Inner wing looks in very good nick, always nice! Bin looks great too  :lol:

Matt

Yeah I was surprised, there is a little bit that needs chopping out and repairing towards the door but other thanthat it's pretty solid, will be getting that done on the weekend as well as welding up all the hoels on the wing. Then I shall get cracking on the other side.

And I'm glad you like it, my mum wasn't too impressed when I brought it home haha!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.