Skip navigation

ICE build help pl

Back to the top

CraigSherriff said

scrag said

Oh yehh need address craig.lol

Should be in the PayPal payment? Both as a message and in the email? You got it? If not will PM it mate.

Best pm it over pay pal will not give it to me .

Back to the top
It`s ok pay pal s give in .ITs not often i win with I.T.  LOL  :ninja:

Back to the top
 Craig posted  hand brake today 1st class :offtopic:and the subs come and it the weekend :)Thanks.

Back to the top

scrag said

Craig posted  hand brake today 1st class :offtopic:and the subs come and it the weekend :)Thanks.

Top man, will be glad to get this sorted! Hill starts are a right pain  :P

I bet I know what you will be doing this weekend mate : ) - I will hopefully be fitting my new rear badge (Chrome is better on this one) Fitting new air filter, got some brand new chrome flag mirrors and just a little tidy up really : )

1990 - Cabriolet GTI 1.8 (DX)

Back to the top
Craig quick question.. need help :offtopic:Don't suppose you have a couple of spare screws that secure the wing mirrors to the car? I desperately need some as I've changed my mirrors but the threads are battered!! Here's a pic of what I need mate.

Back to the top

scrag said

Hey Craig - Item arrived today, all fitted and working a treat! So happy mate, another problem fixed  :thumbs:  Hope the sub install is going well for you.

Back to the top

CraigSherriff said

Craig quick question.. need help :offtopic:Don't suppose you have a couple of spare screws that secure the wing mirrors to the car? I desperately need some as I've changed my mirrors but the threads are battered!! Here's a pic of what I need mate.

ill take a look might take some time to find as ive got stuff all over the place . not started on I.C.E yet as im stuck for room so been putting some trim on car to give me some more working room.

Back to the top
Was it a productive day then fitting the trim? What was it you were putting in, seats, cards etc…?

& Thank you, fingers crossed you have a couple spare : )

Back to the top

CraigSherriff said

Was it a productive day then fitting the trim? What was it you were putting in, seats, cards etc…?

It might be a good idea to run a tap in the theard on your doors to so you don't strip you next set of screws :offtopic: also haw meany do you need .

Back to the top
Oh and yes it was a good day sorry put all my waist line trim on some rubbers on. The thing is i have 3 or 4 of some things and had to clean them all then pick the best to go on car . Then put sets of stuff together for Ebay . And a 3rd of some as my spares pile :cool:I bet its nice to have a hand brake again mate . i found anther one today when i was in one of my five sheds :o LOL
Also got some cable coming for the sub that you said to get. 2 meters
Cheers fella.

Back to the top

scrag said

CraigSherriff said

It might be a good idea to run a tap in the theard on your doors to so you don't strip you next set of screws :offtopic: also haw meany do you need .

I managed to drill the damaged screw out very cleanly and it looks ok… I need 2 really as one of my remaining 3 is a bit touch and go  :(

Back to the top

scrag said

Oh and yes it was a good day sorry put all my waist line trim on some rubbers on. The thing is i have 3 or 4 of some things and had to clean them all then pick the best to go on car . Then put sets of stuff together for Ebay . And a 3rd of some as my spares pile :cool:I bet its nice to have a hand brake again mate . i found anther one today when i was in one of my five sheds :o LOL
Also got some cable coming for the sub that you said to get. 2 meters
Cheers fella.

I would love to spend a day at yours mate, must be like a treasure cave!! There are little bits needed all over my car, just don't know what they are yet!! Ha.

Wait until you see the cable, it's more like a pipe it's that thick compared to normal wire. : )

Back to the top
Craig not found any yet ill keep looking ill need to find them for my car to lol.

Back to the top

scrag said

Craig not found any yet ill keep looking ill need to find them for my car to lol.

Haha… sods law mate, I've set an alert to VW Heritage should they get stock anytime soon I will give you a nudge also.

Back to the top
Still waiting on the RCA`S from internet so had to go to a company on ebay and reorder :ocf_emoticons__BangHead: .Hope i get it for weekend latest Monday.:thumbs:

Back to the top

scrag said

Still waiting on the RCA`S from internet so had to go to a company on ebay and reorder :ocf_emoticons__BangHead: .Hope i get it for weekend latest Monday.:thumbs:

Thats pants mate, have you had to pay twice for them then? Or were you reimbursed for the first batch?

Back to the top

CraigSherriff said

scrag said

Thats pants mate, have you had to pay twice for them then? Or were you reimbursed for the first batch?

No i got i reimbursed BUT  PUT ME BACK SOME :P
I will not start till i have all the bits needed .When i get going i`m the person that will stop up all night .lol
I have also bought of the bay the same head unit i already  to go in my mk2 Golf GTI  as i like it so much.
 :offtopic: Craig i`ve looked and looked  no go on door boots and screws for wing mirrors sorry.got a complete cabrio roof  throw.if that helps lol.

Back to the top
Your a busy bee mate, I'm looking forward to seeing this build as you get through it. Are you hoping to get a car ready for the summer or…?

No worries on those bits mate, I'm hoping that VWHeritage will pull through soon!!

Back to the top
Also anyone got the rear speaker holders that go behind rear cards to hold speackers in place please . i have 2 i`m sure .
but can`t find them. can do some mdf ones but would like oem .
Thnks all.:thumbs:

Back to the top
Craig,
Hope your well mate.

Another member has kindly took a picture of how to fit 10cm speakers (which are better) to the rear without that bracket. Have a look at final page of this thread mate;

View topic: 1987 Cabby speaker sizes - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.