Skip navigation

ICE build help pl

Back to the top
And now drum roll please :lol: The amp RCA END OH ERR!

Back to the top
Amp the simple end for me :)

Back to the top
Bass cont dia (plug and play i think now).

and some of instructions just qwick snaps sorry .

and

and

Back to the top
OK hope that helps i think i need RCA`S from head unit :ocf_emoticons__dontknow:maybe Craig will do a diagram for me ;)

Back to the top

CraigSherriff said

I wasn't expecting that!! If you get all that back together I solute you mate! I look forward to seeing how this comes along!

Do you have any markings on the back of head unit near the RCA plugs such as pre out, RCA out, sub out etc… ??

LOL this car been going on since 2009 and its all new were can be . OEM+. back to the head unit
 top RCA`S read R
middle RCA`S read F
bottom RCA`Sread SW
Thanks

Back to the top

scrag said

CraigSherriff said

I wasn't expecting that!! If you get all that back together I solute you mate! I look forward to seeing how this comes along!

Do you have any markings on the back of head unit near the RCA plugs such as pre out, RCA out, sub out etc… ??

LOL this car been going on since 2009 and its all new were can be . OEM+. back to the head unit
 top RCA`S read R
middle RCA`S read F
bottom RCA`Sread SW
Thanks

Lol!!

That's top news mate. I finish playing call of duty at ten. Will fire up laptop and send a proper response. Speak shortly :)

1990 - Cabriolet GTI 1.8 (DX)

Back to the top

scrag said

OK hope that helps i think i need RCA`S from head unit :ocf_emoticons__dontknow:maybe Craig will do a diagram for me ;)
You do indeed need some RCA's…. 3 Pairs of them to be exact!!

Luckily, you must have a pretty decent headunit indeed as you have channels that match your new amp perfectly.

Quite simply, you run 1 pair of RCAs from each of your RCA outs on your amp:

Top RCA`S read R
middle RCA`S read F
bottom RCA`Sread SW

& Match them to the corresponding RCA's on your AMP - If that makes sense?

For starters I would set each of the sub controls per input to look like the following - I hope this bit makes sense, you can see on the back of the amp each section around the RCAs is boxed of with a single black line border. These are the controls to that RCA so to speak;

Front:
Turn input level to approximately 11 o'clock. (Cant work out from pic if all the dials are set to max????? I hope not????)
Do not alter frequency.
Move switch to full. (This sends a full soundstage to the speaker, bass, mid range and treble)

Sub:
Trial and error on this one really, just make sure the input level is not set to Max!
Make sure the switch is set to EXT

Rear:
Turn input level to approximately 11 o'clock again.
Move switch to HPF - As speakers are so small the bass will be useless here, make better use of the speakers by just using their higher frequencies.
Input source to equal rear (Because your head unit supports this as a separate channel)

Your right about that variable bass control switch, looks like it's just one wire in… Simples :cool:So what next then?

On another note, your not going to get the best from your system with that speaker wire… It will do Ok for the speakers but for the sub you must must must get something more adequate to get the sound out. Below is perfect for Subs!

http://caraudiosecurity.com/s-210-10-gauge-speaker-cable

Will wait to hear from you next pal.. Take care.

Craig

Back to the top

CraigSherriff said

scrag said

You do indeed need some RCA's…. 3 Pairs of them to be exact!!

Luckily, you must have a pretty decent headunit indeed as you have channels that match your new amp perfectly.

Quite simply, you run 1 pair of RCAs from each of your RCA outs on your amp:

Top RCA`S read R
middle RCA`S read F
bottom RCA`Sread SW

& Match them to the corresponding RCA's on your AMP - If that makes sense?

For starters I would set each of the sub controls per input to look like the following - I hope this bit makes sense, you can see on the back of the amp each section around the RCAs is boxed of with a single black line border. These are the controls to that RCA so to speak;

Front:
Turn input level to approximately 11 o'clock. (Cant work out from pic if all the dials are set to max????? I hope not????)
Do not alter frequency.
Move switch to full. (This sends a full soundstage to the speaker, bass, mid range and treble)

Sub:
Trial and error on this one really, just make sure the input level is not set to Max!
Make sure the switch is set to EXT

Rear:
Turn input level to approximately 11 o'clock again.
Move switch to HPF - As speakers are so small the bass will be useless here, make better use of the speakers by just using their higher frequencies.
Input source to equal rear (Because your head unit supports this as a separate channel)

Your right about that variable bass control switch, looks like it's just one wire in… Simples :cool:So what next then?

On another note, your not going to get the best from your system with that speaker wire… It will do Ok for the speakers but for the sub you must must must get something more adequate to get the sound out. Below is perfect for Subs!

http://caraudiosecurity.com/s-210-10-gauge-speaker-cable

Will wait to hear from you next pal.. Take care.

Craig

Nice one Craig so know i cant find RCA`S i`ve had a look and can`t find them on C.A.S .and yes all the settings  are set to max . :o can you please put a link to the RCA`s leads i might need. Or will hallfords have them on the  self the same as the vibe kit i bought (I do like Matching things). .The wire for the sub  am i right in thinking a meter or 2/3 as it goes from amp to sub .
Sorry that i can`t find things on internet but my I.T skills don`t mach my spanner skills lol .i would like wires to be the same you see. i have OCD .

Back to the top

Back to the top

scrag said

Hi mate, no not these phones. Will have a little look round later (off to work now  :( )

Will get back to you a.s.a.p!

Back to the top
Don't apologise for not being able to find things, I've lost count of how many threads I've started asking for help with products! I'm just glad I can help someone else out for a change!

In all the set ups I've ever done, 1m of that speaker wire I sent you should be enough for the sub to amp. However, if your speaker terminals are going to be the furthest points away from each other (I.e - Opposite sides of the boot) then 2m would be needed mate.

On another note, I've realised there are 2 other bits I need (long shot but here goes) I think they are called boot sleeves. It's the tube of rubber that protects your wires coming out of your door pillar and into the front door, make sense? Do you have any spares??

Back to the top

scrag said

Here you go… You need 3 x these (or something similar) 

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.co.uk/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=140508494323

I only did a quick search, you may get better price else where, keeping it branded is good, similar sound stage, resistance, shielding etc… Let me know if you need anything else.

Back to the top

CraigSherriff said

Don't apologise for not being able to find things, I've lost count of how many threads I've started asking for help with products! I'm just glad I can help someone else out for a change!

In all the set ups I've ever done, 1m of that speaker wire I sent you should be enough for the sub to amp. However, if your speaker terminals are going to be the furthest points away from each other (I.e - Opposite sides of the boot) then 2m would be needed mate.

On another note, I've realised there are 2 other bits I need (long shot but here goes) I think they are called boot sleeves. It's the tube of rubber that protects your wires coming out of your door pillar and into the front door, make sense? Do you have any spares??

Craig Now of memory i would say no on the door boots but i could  be wrong all i could do is shout if i come across some in my stock .The smaller the bit the harder to find it.As i build the car more and more things will come to light.Also on the hand brake £15 posted Ok mate.
Im waiting on RCA`S now just ordered 2 as there one in the vibe kit i got .
Thinking now of were to put amp but need sub which should be here tomorrow. i can see some MDF coming in here and the router may need a dust off  :)
Thanks

Back to the top
£15 Would be just perfect mate - Really appreciate it. Do you want to drop me your Paypal address so I can send payment mate?

Are the RCAs you've ordered identical to the one you have? At the very least the same length? Dependent on how big the sub box is, one option is to mount to the back of the box? Or, you could build a fake wall so to speak to cover the side of the boot (Where the hydraulic pump would have been / or other side, think other side is easier) That way you could conceal the mass of wiring in the cavity behind the MDF wall? Obviously you could carpet it once cut etc.. so it blended perfectly into the boot??

Your postman must hate you at the mo mate, all this stuff he's delivering :cool:

Back to the top
PM`ED it mate:thumbs: and yes on the RCA`S

Last edit: by scrag

Back to the top

scrag said

Good news on the RCAs then, this will come along nicely. What do you think to the idea of placing the amp?? Do-able?

Payment sent mate, cannot thank you enough  :thumbs:

Back to the top

CraigSherriff said

scrag said

Good news on the RCAs then, this will come along nicely. What do you think to the idea of placing the amp?? Do-able?

Payment sent mate, cannot thank you enough  :thumbs:

Yes mate anything possible ill get all the bits together and plane it out il take some pics when i get going . Saturday may mark the start . also no answer from the USA on the speakers  :(    
Thanks mate :thumbs:

Back to the top
Oh yehh need address craig.lol

Back to the top
Good man, do post a pic or to if you can make it happen as I could be interested in one to if you can pull it off! I've wanted to do one myself on the right hand side of the car as you look at the boot but just don't have the tools or space to make one : (.

It's a real shame in the speaker front that we don't stock in the UK, will keep my fingers crossed. I'm still waiting for feedback on if 10cm fit the rear with very little DIY so will keep you posted before you make any purchases on that front!

Back to the top

scrag said

Oh yehh need address craig.lol

Should be in the PayPal payment? Both as a message and in the email? You got it? If not will PM it mate.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.