Skip navigation

payed for a rare part.... now being ignored.

Back to the top
Hi, maybe someone can help??
there was a series1 mk1 golf heckleblende for sale on here a few months back for £200…
spoke to the fella, arranged a deal, payed via paypal only for him not to send it as i didnt pay the £7 fees….. i thought that was pretty pikey but payed them.
Still no part i got in touch and he claims its snapped clean in two. bad times indeed but he asks for bank details to return the funds….
still no funds and now its gone over 45 days after i sent the money via paypal he is not replying to texts, calls etc……
so i cant claim money back and its all looking a bit grim
Its not the end of the world its a shame and a bit of a humanity faith looser.
he had some other swallowtail parts for sale too… green seats i think, maybe some postie rear lights…..

any help would be great.
happy new year!

Last edit: by Hairyarse

Back to the top
Hi there

First off, can you get any help from Paypal still?

Secondly, can you find the original for sale thread and put a link up so we can look at who they are - if they're a paid member or just forum user.

Many thanks
Andy

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Green seats to me is the seller sackmcgranny or something like that. 

I'd email PayPal myself to see the options you have available to hand. You never know they may help you. 

Giving bank details always alarms me when they have PayPal…

Mods feel free to delete the name, if its of offence. It's my helpful input of right. If I'm wrong il remove it myself. 

Back to the top
And even if its £2, £20, £200 it's still theft and wrong. Parts over £100 of value I like to go for them personally. 

Back to the top
if you funded your paypal payment with your credit card you can go to them.

i have had refunds via them on paypal payments when i got robbed.

paypal wont do anything since its past 45days.

name and shame.

i pressed the little red button

Back to the top
can't get a refund from paypal as its too long ago.
its a debit card linked to my paypal not a credit card so thats a no go.
his user name on here is "sackmcgannay"
anyone know this guy??
cheers for the help fellas.

Back to the top
sackmcgannay  

Please can you respond to this thread or open a PT with mrsherif

Hopefully this can be resolved quickly !

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Hope this can be sorted quickly. Hopefully there's a genuine reason for all this bother :(

Smudger

Back to the top
Here i am! and i'm no theif either!..and dont appreciate being made to look like one…sold loads of stuff on here before with no problems…
its been a pain in the ass this whole deal with whats his name above -but i am sorting it out so dont worry!
like i said a million of times pls send me your bank details and bank name - (i know you sent them to me before but my new phone has lost old messages - instead of saying
"ive already told you - just help me to help u and give me the details again! and you can leave my girlfriend out of things on your texts too ok!

next time when someone says they dont want to send something cause its fragile and it will break - believe them - the only person thats loosing out here is me!
no money and a smashed heck blende.

Back to the top

sackmcgannay said

next time when someone says they dont want to send something cause its fragile and it will break - believe them

theres always someone who knows best ;)

interesting to see both sides of the story! hope you guys sort it out soon

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
What the heck is a heck blende???

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top

Back to the top
Ah, right. Thanks. Since seen some up for sale in the for sale section. VERY seventies!

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )

Back to the top
Glad to get a response. Thats good news.
I have sent so many messages and called you so many times now i thought it was a lost cause….
"my girlfriend feels terrible that i havent sent you the money" was your text not mine.
i have sent my bank details again…. or you could just pick your phone and i could tell you?
lets get this money back in my account then we can finally end this debacle.
Thanks in advance.

Back to the top
Hello, really sorry to bring this up again and clog up the feed.
after my previous message he did indeed agree to pay me but he could only afford to pay me back £100 this week and £100 the next.
Me being the christian soul i am agreed to this. Well numerous texts and phone calls and the kids gone awol again. this was months ago.
I know its only £100 but its the principal.
Posting on this site was the only thing that made him pipe up last time.
Again sorry for the post.
Cheers.

Back to the top
Don't think that you need to apologise for it only being £100  ,, £1 would warrant complaint if its owed to you.

Back to the top
sackmcgannay care to comment and sort this out ?

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Is this worthy of action being taken against the user?

He would never of spent the money if he had the intension of paying it back. This seems to be going on long enough. sackmcgranny's first response "seemed" legitimate and had sufficient reason for the delay of not returning the funds.

To me it looks like there is no intension of returning the funds. They have openly admitted they have the money and stated it will be returned. This has not happened.

Plus, we all know who it is now! This is to our advantage and other buyers beware!

Ade, if I speak out of turn please remove. There is just too many people who abuse the members on this site. And to take peoples hard earnt money is bang out of order.

My opinion.

Banner

Back to the top
Not sure what we can do Bruce - he has not been on the forum in 81 days - he would of got an email alert to this thread.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
The seller says that he has sold "loads and loads" of parts on this form.
So someone must have his real name and contact details!

I'll let your imaginations do the rest!  :thumbs:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.