Skip navigation

how many campaigns are left ?

What original/standard Campaign model GTI do you own? (Mild mods like different wheels and suspension accepted)

Alpine White {-} [5 votes]
Mars Red {-} [6 votes]
Black {-} [3 votes]
Helios Blue {-} [6 votes]
Diamond Silver {-} [6 votes]
Lhasa Green {-} [3 votes]

Back to the top

APS333 said

Mine was silver soon to be Helios, which voting button do I select?

Why are you changing it's colour mate? 

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top
Simply I hate silver. When I brought the car colour was last on the list, I was looking for something as solid as possible but mainly one you could see what was wrong and what had been messed with previously. Yes it had rot but only in the areas where I knew repair panels were available apart from the roof but that's another story. I was always planning to change the front and rear panels so the engine bay and boot area were going to get repainted along with everything else.  I had 2 black mk1's in the eighties and helios blue was my favourite colour at the time so when it came to choosing a colour silver was definitely out and helios blue is my choice .It is in my mates paint shop this week having the outside painted in his booth. Yes perhaps I have lost some originality but it is another Mk1 saved to live on for many more years.
Andy.

Back to the top
lol here is me with a Helios blue one and I prefer mars red and silver.
See your point mate and good on you for putting all the work in because I know it is not cheap I hope all goes well in the paint shop and I look forward to seeing it finished.
Cheers
Neil 

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top

APS333 said

Mine was silver soon to be Helios, which voting button do I select?

None of them if you change the colour as would not be original.

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.