Skip navigation

how many campaigns are left ?

What original/standard Campaign model GTI do you own? (Mild mods like different wheels and suspension accepted)

Alpine White {-} [5 votes]
Mars Red {-} [6 votes]
Black {-} [3 votes]
Helios Blue {-} [6 votes]
Diamond Silver {-} [6 votes]
Lhasa Green {-} [3 votes]

Back to the top
I always thought it was around the 1000 , but I don't think vw even know 100%

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top

mk1jim said

Ross Irvine mobile mechanic ..
Thanks Jim,  I sent him an email and he is going to get in touch in new year.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Yes it is supposed to be 1000

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

RichardHall said

mk1jim said

What area are you in Richard ?

Willington, nr Burton on Trent, staffs
Nice Car! Hope to see you at one of our meets at the John Thompson, near Swarkestone Bridge :thumbs:

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top
i know too 4, mine, my bro's and my mate Craig and My Mate Roger
Helios blue
White
Silver
and another Helios blue
all Ew with the correct option code S707

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
Any pics of the white one ? 

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top

CabrioAnna said

RichardHall said

mk1jim said

What area are you in Richard ?

Willington, nr Burton on Trent, staffs
Nice Car! Hope to see you at one of our meets at the John Thompson, near Swarkestone Bridge :thumbs

Depends when the first meet is - might need a push if its too soon!
It's coming out of the garage tomorrow when it's dry - I've cleared all the rubbish off it and pumped up the tyres - hoping that there are no horrors underneath it, just been looking at all the posts of the project cars. It's never been in the wet for 20 yrs and was waxoyled before it was put away.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top

mk1jim said

Any pics of the white one ? 

unlikely any recent ones it has been tucked away in a garage the last 5 years.

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
Don't know how this can be recorded but kaykay3 has 3 immaculately standard ones. 2 x silver and 1 x black!! 

Back to the top
Not sure Dano, guess it has to be one vote per person? IT limitations?  :lol:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Got a Helios Blue Campaign near completion having spent a small fortune having it completely restored using many NOS parts. Hopefully have it ready for 10th Anniversary

Back to the top

RichardHall said

Mines completely standard apart from the BRM Servo conversion and a Sachs Suspension. everything else is totally unrestored and original.  Been stored in garage for 15 yrs, but more determined this year to get it back on road. I have tried turning engine over by hand and it's not seized (last started about 5 yrs ago).  Tried to get running last year, but no fuel getting to spark, hopefully just a fuel pump/relay issue rather than 'gummed up fuel lines'.  Only issue is not much mechanical expertise so could do with finding a local mechanic to work on it in spare time. - any ideas? Anyway, here's a picture taken about 8 yrs ago when it last came out of the garage

Wow.. !!! I have pictures of this from GTI Inters in the the early 90's,always wondered where it went…Why was it off the road so long Richard?

Back to the top
I have a lhasa green one.

Back to the top

A few reasons really, moved house, new job so less time then 3 kids, then bought an MGF which has gone now and the replacement Streetka my wife uses more than me, so thought it time to get back on road - never wanted to sell it.

image.jpeg

Back to the top

RichardHall said

A few reasons really, moved house, new job so less time then 3 kids, then bought an MGF which has gone now and the replacement Streetka my wife uses more than me, so thought it time to get back on road - never wanted to sell it.

Glad to see its still in safe hands and on its way back ready for this year. :thumbs:

Back to the top
Just bought a a reg campaign, barn find, was on ebay for 10 pound starting bid, was a phone number supplied so rang it and was lucky to persuade the seller to remove from ebay and settle for £1800, needs a drivers side door, tail gate and bodywork to roof, the engine is in reasonable condition but doesn't start, I'm going to fully restore the car, all trim etc is in tact and has 130,000 on the clock any tips for parts?

Back to the top
Was that the white one that was on there? Be interesting to see what it was like once all the green mould and dirt comes away.

Some if the dedicated Campaign parts are getting tricky to find - fog lamps in particular, and you can get a recovered leather steering wheel but they are pricey.

I think the decision you need to make is do you buy second hand original, or new copy parts.  The fit on some of the copy front wings are terrible, I would get some advice from others who have replaced these to see whtts best if yours need replacing. Hopefully most if the plastic trim just needs a clean up - again I have seen some poorly fitting rear wheel arch trim, where you can see the curve if the wheel arch metal close to the side stripe, the trim should sit tight up to the side of the car, so the side stripe just disappears inside it.

As I am sure you are going to strip it down, I would take loads of photos and measurements if things like decals, and badges a often they don't get replaced correctly and I have had quite a few ask me for the measurements on my stipes etc.

Where are you based?

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Yes mate it was the White one, give the guy his due he kept to his word and let me have it for the price quoted over the phone, even though the bids were over 2k after one day, although I realise that ebay prices can be bumped up by friends false bidding, he delivered yesterday and I set to work with a sponge n hot water, before jet washing the trim etc, I couldn't believe that somebody had left a car of this stature to rot away was heartbreaking but at the same time I was overjoyed to have her to restore.

With regards to the restoration I'm going try my hardest to source good quality original parts but I realise they are not always available so it might be a case of buying the best available, the front wings are both really good inside and out so that's a bonus, as are the foglights, I will be taking lots of photos throughout so hopefully I can get it right :)

Back to the top
Oh forgot to mention I'm based in liverpool

Back to the top
Mine was silver soon to be Helios, which voting button do I select?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.