Skip navigation

Helios blue GTi - G60

Back to the top
Saw this lovely car at Players was parked opposite us on Westside stand ! seats looks awesome and loved what you did with the gauges . Top Job guys ! Make sure you come for the London Cruise night and photo shoot Thursday at 9pm ! meeting 9pm outside Novotel Hotel Se1 !

Back to the top
What specs are the wheels to achieve 7.5 and 8.5 mate? As in barrel width and lip depth?! They look perfect. 

Back to the top
Stunning car!those seats do look comfy and bang on in there.

Back to the top
I only like mk1's if there not Mars Red, Silver or White, but Jeeeeez you've added another colour to the list. Well Done!

Back to the top
Very very nice, was going to go leather recaro myself but decided to keep it retro looking. Love the colour.

Back to the top

Lamb said

Time I did a thread on my car ….. ive owned it since 2007/2008.

This is what it looked like last time it was on the road in 2008, it then went into storage for 5 years as other commitments and projects had to get finished.

Picture874.jpg Picture865.jpg Picture873.jpg Picture868.jpg Picture863.jpg

So Sept 2013 was timie to pull the old girl out and carry out the G60 conversion id always wanted to do…….keeping 8v engine with more power the car deserved.

This is the pic after I pulled it out of storage after 5 years and gave it a wash……

null_zpsf87c0d9b.jpg

null_zpsf8917e31.jpg

First jobs and after a couple of busy days…..

Fitted the engine and plumb in etc
its running a stage 4 charger, ported head, cam, charge cooler, 02Y gearbox with quaife diff etc.
brakes - fitted G60 280mm with updated discs and pads, rear disc set up and larger servo.
Mongoose stainless exhaust
Fully poly bushed throughout
Eibach anti roll bars and front lower strut brace
Car is already sitting on weitec coilovers

null_zps8826dc4b.jpg

Next was loom and fit gauges in a carbon panel where the astray normally lives and a wideband gauge with the factory vdo's

null_zps2d0c54a9.jpg

Rear strut brace and a good tidy up of the interior

null_zps0f8333d8.jpg

This is how it sits now, on its winter wheels so I can refurb the RS's

null_zpsb2390c08.jpg

Engine bay … Finished up charge cooler and fitted a diesel clutch cable.
It's all up and running now and just needs the loom tidying up and a small electrical issue with the lights sorted…..have a sparky coming the weekend to sort it.

Engine bay will get detailed over winter….powder coated rocker cover and paint that bloody alternator!!

null_zpsce4f71de.jpg

In the meantime will crack on with refurbing these

null_zps63bee9e8.jpg

Still quite a few more jobs to do before it's fully on the road but drove it today and put a smile on my face!

Mate that's stunning? Are you still in Enfield area if so let's link up I'm Currently building a mk1
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.