Skip navigation

Samuel Cole's mk1 berg-cup g40 project

Back to the top

all smiles!

Morgie said

Brilliant work, the cage makes it look hardcore!

Really impressive doing it all on your drive as well :thumbs:

is it more impressive if i say im only 18 aswell? :D

Back to the top
No. 

Unless you finish it before your 19 :lol:

Back to the top
yooooo!

updates:

started smoothing the bay and is near completion now!

and some other bits:

the collection:

took advantage of the sun and sanded outside :)

bit of progress, sand, fill repeat at the moment :ocf_emoticons__BangHead:not finished but just seeing what it comes out like

HOWEVER something a little more interesting!

tucked away for another night

As you can see from the pics above the pls are sadly not wide enough, thats with 20mm spacers under her :(

so new rimmage was purchased!

cheaky shot:

Should sit better, got tyres coming soon so see how she sits!

anyone know where to get super thin adaptors as there poking quite abit already but need to go from 4x108 to 4x100?

cheers for any comments! questions or out!

KEEP IT REAL

Back to the top
Do you go to bed ???  O_o   Awesome build so far dude  :thumbs:

Bag.

Back to the top

Baggie82 said

Do you go to bed ???  O_o   Awesome build so far dude  :thumbs:

Bag.

i work stupid hours at a hotel but decent pay dont mind! either work real early in the morning or late a night so whenever im free i work on her <3

looking for a bodyshop now to get the final colour on soon! just needs a bit more attention on the underside and the engine mounts

Back to the top
Did you get all the work done on the car since the end of oct ?  If you have then top marks dude !!

Bag.

Back to the top

Baggie82 said

Did you get all the work done on the car since the end of oct ?  If you have then top marks dude !!

Bag.

yeah! split up with my mrs after 5 yrs of relationship, hit me pretty hard so had to keep busy so mk1 golf time it was :P

Back to the top
been a bit quiet recently as ive been ill, but polished the new wheels up! and been e-mailinng some body shops as paint needs to go on soonish!

mars or tornado red… hmmm

anyway wheel shots:

before:

they look fairly clean but they are quite scabby and pitted in some areas!

so i decided to do a light re-ferb

iron x:

then polished with metal polish and a buffer came out real nice!:

however despite measuring them up before i bought them they poke alot more than i first thought they would, i will also need adaptors or to redrill the hubs as they are ford fitment not 4x100 like i was told so they will be up for sale soon!

i plan to get the wheels i always wanted! so selling the pls's and the schmidts should fund the new wheels, made to order so will sit perfectly and i will get 14's to give a bit of ground clearance as shes fairly low already and want the car to be reasonably usable!

made a quick video of where shes at now:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LszlsOh6cAnjoy!

KEEP IT REAAAAL!

Back to the top
Awesome! Following this, would love a g40 lump in my golf when I can afford it and the insurance haha.

Back to the top
looks like you got your hands full coming along nicely never stop to amaze me what effort goes into these old diamonds in the rough making me wonder why i let mine go now  :P

Back to the top
The transplant has been started!

water dropped and most of the wires labeled as i plan to use the whole mk3 polo loom to power the golf, even lights etc!

should hopefully be out by tomorrow ready for a clean up and measure up on the old engine mounts!

Golf meet your transplant

KEEP IT REAAAAL

Back to the top
well first time i actually achieved what wanted to today :D

and now laid to rest ready for new parts/service and a good old clean up :D

went quite smoothly actually, was expecting alot worse and im actually impressed with myself :)

hopefully get the mounts lined up in the golf ready to go, get them sorted then a bit more smoothing and off to the body shop she goes! fresh canvas then

ALSO new parts, a nice lad off here only up the road from me is splitting a golf so had a good selection of parts off him and steps closer to the finished deal:

KEEP IT REAAAAL

Back to the top
Looking good sam  :thumbs:   Keep up the top work.

Matt

Back to the top
How are you working out with engine mounts 

Mk1 golf gti
Mk1 golf gti project View topic: 1982 original Irish GTi - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club
mTDI corrado
Mk1 skoda octavia vrs combi

Back to the top
i will drop the engine into place and go from there! ive got a good friend which is extremely good at fab work so will have a look and work some things out!

Back to the top
well the projects slowed down a touch due to funds!

ive got new wheels on order for the perfect firment with the arches which will make the car!

found a worthy body shop and just waiting on making the mounts and this is where im really struggeling, i cant weld or anything so its becoming a massive issue,

i have no idea where to start, im trying to find some small block engine mounts just to line up the G in the golf but struggeling! not sure where to turn at the moment but soon as there done, few more bits of paint prep and its going in the shop and then the project will really start moving as ive got nearly all the bits for it to be road worthy!

:D

cheers

Back to the top
I have a set made up for a mate of mine that im doing the same conversion on his car.

Mk1 golf gti
Mk1 golf gti project View topic: 1982 original Irish GTi - The Mk1 Golf Owners Club
mTDI corrado

Back to the top
holy poo! take my money! how much for another set if you dont mind! would be absolutely amazing if you could!!!! cash waiting, saves all the bother :D please please please!

Back to the top
Are you willing to post your mounts to ireland 

Mk1 golf gti
mTDI corrado

Back to the top
thats the problem, i have no mounts, tell me which ones i need i will buy them and send them you!

would be fantastic if you could do that!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.