Skip navigation

2E Carb?

Back to the top
no worries, im in the same boat learning as i go! hope it works bud!

Back to the top
Ive just sorted the vacume hoses, they were wrong! all sorted now, and the 3PU is working! i adjusted the idle so all good.

went around town with no problems, then hit the bypass and after 55mph it started coughing.. came under that speed and would cruse then foot down same thing. it was happy through the rev range in the other gears up to 55mph but after that problems O_o after the bypass trip it then dyed at the lights, but started straight away and was fine under 30mph home..

Back to the top
Went out again and back to how it was stalling on me barely drivable. Ive given up, its going to the garage, if he cant sort it ill either save for a weber or have to sell the car. 

Back to the top
just for anyone who may stumble across this. finally sorted out my stalling problems. I think it was a combination of things, as some of the parts i have replaced did make a difference. The new leads plugs dizzy cap and rotor arm and ignition coil certainly helped it start!

I had cleaned the tank and changed the filler neck, replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump and split the carb to clean. but the lift unit in the tank had got clogged again with what looked like small bits of plastic. I'm not sure what it was but it's out now and driving really well, thanks to all that helped! hopefully i can have some stress free motoring next year!

Back to the top

Richard87 said

just for anyone who may stumble across this. finally sorted out my stalling problems. I think it was a combination of things, as some of the parts i have replaced did make a difference. The new leads plugs dizzy cap and rotor arm and ignition coil certainly helped it start!

I had cleaned the tank and changed the filler neck, replaced the fuel filter, fuel pump and split the carb to clean. but the lift unit in the tank had got clogged again with what looked like small bits of plastic. I'm not sure what it was but it's out now and driving really well, thanks to all that helped! hopefully i can have some stress free motoring next year!

good read on this, i have a 1.5 gx and i had the exact same problem's i did the same as you, and in the end replaced the choke and rebuilt the carb, since then on dying. i still have the erratic..1 day tick over at 4 K for 10 minutes and other times not all and around 1K it does what it pleases its really annoying! :P how the hell did you take it off btw? :P

Back to the top
sorry take what off? if you mean take the carb off,(although you say you rebuildt yours) once you take the air intake off on mine looking down into the carb there are 4 10mm (i think) bolts that undo, you will also need to remove any pipe work and disconnect any electrical connections.

im afriad im not sure what carb yours would have so they ay be different. i know on mine there is several things controlling the choke/tick over on start up.

Back to the top
glad you got it all sorted richard87!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.