Skip navigation

VW Golf MK1 1979

Back to the top

Project: Life after Death

Still having problems attaching the new updates…. car is at the garage for removing all rusty parts and i will post photos as soon as possible. Also decided to go on twin weber carbs. Anyone has expierence about that conversion? :$

VW GOLF MK5 / VW GOLF MK1 Owner

Back to the top
so. i hope everything's okay now :)

The old engine is ready for removal

it's out it's out..

then i found very solid half car to be used as a donor for the rear inner wings

then everything else is removed from the car and ready to go

brothers in arm..my mk5 is a little bit jealous at his older brother

bye bye baby… now it's in doctro's hands… rusty parts to be replaced with new one, respray and enjoy :)

working on some dirty parts

and some good parts came into my hands

twin weber carbs

1.8 8v  vs 1.1 oldie

next update: body work / engine cleaning

cheerz

Back to the top
Nice work dude. Keep going. It's gonna be a lovely car when finished.

Back to the top
Thanks Smugder.. Any usefull links for wiring/ clean engine bay  and brake replacement? :)

Back to the top
I was cleaning… nothing special just to keep you awake

Back to the top
 :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Great job with the refurbed parts, looking good!  :thumbs:

Matt

Back to the top
Hi there… I am little busy these days so a little update to keep you awake :)

Repair kit for webers

Some nice gti edition mk3 seats

And rims… Zender sport 15" 7j et34

What do you think? what tyre size do you recomend? can i have some sample mk1 images with et34 15" 7j wheels? will they come out of the wings or?

Back to the top
Ah I wanted some Zender Sports originally too, awesome wheel!
My teledials are 15x7j, the final offset on the front is ET32.3, and on the rear, ET2.3.

Tyres are 165/50/15 all round. So essentially, you could mount them without spacers on the front, and with 30mm spacers on the back, an it'd sit practically the same as mine.
Obviously ride height is a consideration.My car is going a lot lower than in the picture, so the tyre size was chosen to stop any rubbing.
You could also, instead of using 30mm spacers on the rear, use 5mm spacers, and get a 1 inch wider dish for the back wheels, to give the staggered effect, but obviously you'd have to get wider tyres then :)
Hope I've helped  :thumbs:

EDIT: sorry, you won't need spacers on te front, my mistake. Your offset means that your front wheel will tuck 2mm into the arch more than mine. I've corrected it now. :)

Last edit: by Ellface

'87 Mk1 Cabby.
MK5 Golf Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Back to the top
this is verry verry nice.. i am looking for 175/50/15…do you think it will make sence with those dimension?
This car will go as you're saying so i am concidering not to put any spacers to avoid rubbing. or 5mm is fair enough i think. but i am waiting for someone else to post ideas :)

thanks

Back to the top
No spacers and 175/50 on the front would rub quite a bit I think. Our offsets are pretty much the same on the front, so your tyre would be taller and closer to the arch than mine.
I'm no wheel expert though, my fitment was a fluke haha.

'87 Mk1 Cabby.
MK5 Golf Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Back to the top
guys..do you think that 185/50/15 is good dimension for 7j rims? or it would be too high for the car?

Also…the car is working

rusty part is out and new one is in

Still looking for tyre dimension… PLEACE HELP HELP…

a want 185/45/15 but it's almost immposible to find. 185.50.15 is the one we have here and as save option i have 195/45/15 or 195/50/15 but i think it won't be as i want…

Back to the top
Hi there. Me again :) It's been a while but i am very busy at work so i can't update you with news. so here's my shortlist with things that are done recently. I hope after 1st Of Feb i will. have more time to update the theme since there are so many new things around the car and the parts i've bought.

All rusty parts are removed and welded new parts

One side perfectly welded

Then, the innder arches are replaced with "new"

and i've bought something
wolfsburg steering wheel (not really my type but it was worth buying

Chrome trim and seals for all windows

Unpacked NEW (but dirty) GTI body trim

Very rare (in macedonia) Central console

that's it :)

Back to the top
Some great work gone on here. Nice collection of new parts too  :thumbs:

Matt

Back to the top
Thanks Paz!
I am very busy at work and i don;t have so much time to keep you updated :( so much work is done on the car, new parts, engine dissasemble and some rare parts bought. (rare! in macedonia everything is rare :D )

Back to the top
After long pause of not having time for posting pictures here's one teaser image where is the car :)  it's way of paining since i found too many rotten places that should be welded and replaced. In meantime i bought some new parts and now i can say that i need only front bumper since my rear is new.

p.s. missing front bumper. if anyone has one let me know :) Also i need front window scrappers for chrome trim inserts (i am not sure that they are same as the regular one)

So here are some pics

(i don't have picture of refurbished cooler holder but it's black too :) )

Washing the car as much as i can before i start removing the old color and chipstone protection. The previous man that was welding the car F*cked up really bad and he sprayed the under car so i need to remove that to the bare matel so i can make it as it should be made.

and one custom front grille :) i am crazy about front griles so i have couple of them, as for this and for my MK5 also :)

that's it for now

Cheerz

Back to the top
Excellent work there mate :thumbs:, nice to see it's being done properly, look forward to seeing it finished, keep the pics coming

Back to the top
Thanks :) as for now i know that i am missing some parts for the car but everything is going by plan. a little bit slow but noone is rushing me :) i will keep you updated. any ideas are welcomed :)

Back to the top
welcome to the forum MKD. am loving the car and progress

:thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Thank you dips… I am trying to make it as much as good as the factory did but where i live it's hard to find parts and shipping from other countries is science fiction  :P

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.