they came with black bumpers 1979 onwards

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
Right ive taken the 1980's Blaupunk radio/cassette  out so just got a hole in the dash atm…..

I managed to win a 1970's Gamma radio on ebay and im going to be fitting it soon, get it all wired up properly (unlike the Blaupunkt lol)

And for the sake of it heres a picture of the golf at sunset :D

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
Nice pic  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Lovely pic and good buy on ebay  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Thanks mate... just need 5 minutes to myself now so i can get it all wired up!

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top

arf333 said

Ok cool i might get some then i think they will look wicked :)Also on a side note does anyone know how accurate howmanyleft.com is?

Ive been having a look on there at Golf GLS and there are 3 registered 1977 2 of which are SORN and and 10 from 1978 6 of which are sorn.

So i could POTENTIALLY have the 4th oldest GLS in the country or look at it another way the 2nd oldest on the road :D
Hello, another GLS Bristol boy, i should really make an effort to come to some meets, do you all do volksfest?

by the way mines a 76 GLS so you'll have to go down to 5th oldest. :whistle: to be honest it wasn't originally a UK car though. :lol:It looks lovely though buddy, and great condition, i'll look forward to seeing it at some local shows, i should also start a thread of my own really.

Kev.

Back to the top

Kemaar7880 said

arf333 said

Ok cool i might get some then i think they will look wicked :)Also on a side note does anyone know how accurate howmanyleft.com is?

Ive been having a look on there at Golf GLS and there are 3 registered 1977 2 of which are SORN and and 10 from 1978 6 of which are sorn.

So i could POTENTIALLY have the 4th oldest GLS in the country or look at it another way the 2nd oldest on the road :D
Hello, another GLS Bristol boy, i should really make an effort to come to some meets, do you all do volksfest?

by the way mines a 76 GLS so you'll have to go down to 5th oldest. :whistle: to be honest it wasn't originally a UK car though. :lol:It looks lovely though buddy, and great condition, i'll look forward to seeing it at some local shows, i should also start a thread of my own really.

Kev.

Wow joined early 2012 and only 8 posts!!!

What car you got? is it a silver one too? as i constantly get people say theyve seen me in the golve around bristol when its not been out???

Strange how ive never seen it on the road lol

Deffo get down to some meets mate or hang fire til the weather is better and we will start organising clubstands

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
I know not many posts long story shortened, i joined before i actually had a mk1 then briefly had a 5 door 1980 golf L in matt red which i decided was too much work then to my Swedish Bali green 76 GLS, it wouldn't have been me they were seeing that's for sure.:lol:Just slowly collecting stuff at the moment and sorting a few things to pass it's MOT nothing major though.

I would drop a few photo's in here but i don't want to take up your thread, so i've chucked some photo's in the mk1 picture thread page 117 (last page) take a look :thumbs:Yep i'll definitely come to a show/meet to see all the other local mk1's and i'll try to get a build thread up soon.

Kev.

Back to the top

arf333 said

Like your 'Airbag' Scott!  :lol:  :thumbs:

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top

golfcabrio said

arf333 said

Like your 'Airbag' Scott!  :lol:  :thumbs:

:thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top

Kemaar7880 said

I know not many posts long story shortened, i joined before i actually had a mk1 then briefly had a 5 door 1980 golf L in matt red which i decided was too much work then to my Swedish Bali green 76 GLS, it wouldn't have been me they were seeing that's for sure.:lol:Just slowly collecting stuff at the moment and sorting a few things to pass it's MOT nothing major though.

I would drop a few photo's in here but i don't want to take up your thread, so i've chucked some photo's in the mk1 picture thread page 117 (last page) take a look :thumbs:Yep i'll definitely come to a show/meet to see all the other local mk1's and i'll try to get a build thread up soon.

Kev.

just had a look and its really nice! thats the colout that i wanted but couldnt find one :( oh well.

next meet is Friday 4th April at Brdley Stoke - www.bristoldublove.weebly.com

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top

arf333 said

Kemaar7880 said

just had a look and its really nice! thats the colout that i wanted but couldnt find one :( oh well.

next meet is Friday 4th April at Brdley Stoke - www.bristoldublove.weebly.com

Scott

Bum, i'm on holiday in St Ives then.

It'll have to be the next one, thanks for the nice comments mate, as i said i'll pull my finger out and do a build thread.

When we were on the search for an s1 the criteria was a pastel colour with a brown interior, i suppose i was just lucky at the time as green was at the top of my list, although the wifes a fan of manilla.

Hope to meet up with you soon and get a geeky snap of the GLS's together  :thumbs:

Back to the top
this is real nice......am sure i saw this in bradford a few months back

Back to the top

16vseries1 said

this is real nice……am sure i saw this in bradford a few months back

yea maybe, i bought it from Bradford :)

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
thats prob why then haha..... nice machine

Back to the top

16vseries1 said

thats prob why then haha….. nice machine

thanks mate :)

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
Right, i managed to get the old radio out and put new one in :) here it is i think it looks wicked

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
Looks the dogs dangles mate  :thumbs:

171761 views (107 Kb)

Back to the top
Cracking little car Scott :)  That radio looks right at home there!

Back to the top
Looks spot-on mate ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.