Skip navigation

project teabag

Back to the top
After relooking at this I do think its reached the end of its life,  its so bad all the seams will be full of rust, waste of effort.

Back to the top
The guy seemed determined to restore. If he wants parts then text me. Otherwise I will bin what I have left.

The one I broke was in better condition ! But each to their own,

1979 mk1 Golf Gti (Dan)
1983 mk1 Golf gti G60 (little-un)

1991 mk2 Golf Country Chrome Edition
2010 T5 Karmann Colorado

2012 mk6 Golf Tdi convertible
2019 Skoda Octavia Sport ( it’s Golf)

Back to the top
he might just like the challenge. i hope he sticks at it and proves everyone wrong :)

Back to the top
my mk1 was just as bad but in different areas. never seen front chassis legs rotten out before though. good look

Back to the top
If he's up for the challenge, I don't see a problem, at the end of the restoration, he's going to feel a massive amount of pride in his work, likey more so than if he'd bought a pre-built show car.

In my opinion we need more people like this, to help save as many MK1s as possible :)

'87 Mk1 Cabby.
MK5 Golf Daily.

Instagram - woahnowboys

Back to the top
It's all gone quiet on this thread, I would like to think he's proved me wrong and spent the winter building this back up.. 

Back to the top
I think there was less rot on the Mary Rose  when they bought it up, but would be one hell of an achievement if he got it back together.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.