Skip navigation

Barney's RE2000 MK1 8V

Back to the top

Spilz said

Great work so far mate, look forward to following this.

Cheers buddy, hopefully i can keep adding stuff on a regular basis

Back to the top

golf1980 said

Good job so far barney. I do love a gti engineering car.

They are quite special i thinks too, the Shed Man said the heads done, so i should be adding a pic of that soon  :thumbs:

Back to the top

James_W said

Good work,
I see your in Berkshire, there is a mk1 meet on the 3rd Wednesday of the month near Maidenhead if your intrested & this months meet is next Wednesday.

Yeah i have been to the last few, but as i cannot bring the mk1 i usually come in a mk4

Back to the top
Lovely bit of kit that. Proper piece of British Engineering! Looking forward to seeing how this comes together.   

Back to the top

barney1102 said

James_W said

Good work,
I see your in Berkshire, there is a mk1 meet on the 3rd Wednesday of the month near Maidenhead if your intrested & this months meet is next Wednesday.

Yeah i have been to the last few, but as i cannot bring the mk1 i usually come in a mk4

Really, sorry for not saying hello   :$

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook

Back to the top

James_W said

Really, sorry for not saying hello   :$

Its cool, i think you actually did at the last one, if i remember correctly  :lol:

Back to the top

Ronnie85 said

Lovely bit of kit that. Proper piece of British Engineering! Looking forward to seeing how this comes together.   

Cheers, yeah it is, hopefully it will be when its back to its former glory  :cool:

Back to the top
Glad to see progress Barney!
It will be a belter when it's done..hope your happy with it

Back to the top
yeah, sadly not as much as i hoped, but it is underway, the engine has probably had the most done to it, the body needs a fair amount.

yeah i hope so

Back to the top
Great work with the seats. I look forward to following this :)

'82 c formel e - 1.8t 20v 

Back to the top
Just got the Head Back, the head had some nice work done on it when GTI Engineering did the conversion back in 1987, and i was fortunate enough to have the very same guy give it a refresh, and from his own words he said its now perfect, got the block back too, but that just needs a few finishing touches and i will add pics later, but for now:

photo IMG_1973.jpg

photo IMG_1974.jpg

photo IMG_1977.jpg

photo IMG_1978.jpg

sorry about the overkill on the flash O_oit basically had a complete overhaul and it already had the Schricks camshaft :cool:

Back to the top
That looks mint mate. Nice one :)

Back to the top
Mega engine envy!  :thumbs:

Back to the top
that head man is awesome.  you were so close to me as he is just round the corner! should have come round for a cuppa and a chat  

Back to the top
Ahh i didn't realise, maybe next time, and i might be able to pop down in the mk1 this time :D

Back to the top
Hi fella. How is the rebuild going? I have soda blasted one of my pistons and Im now on the mission for new rings. Did you ever find any? If not do you want a heads up if I do?
cheers

Back to the top
Hi Mate, yeah still going, pretty slow at the min for updates, but so far so good, ahh cool, i manged to clean mine up i do have some pics that i could add later, as for the rings i managed to get some, the Dave Knight at Knight engine services did the measure up and found some from an Alfa that were a perfect fit, providing you have the same pistons you could use the same ones, can find out details on the weekend and let you know, as they are with the engine builder

Back to the top
that would be cool ta
Ill post a pic of mine later too

Back to the top
Any news on the build?

Back to the top
Hi buddy, still pressing on with it at the moment, racking up parts and bills by the looks of things, but am aiming to have her up and ready by late summer will try and get some pics up soon, any joy with your one?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.