Skip navigation

Helios blue Golf CL

Back to the top

here i will show all different jobs i have done on my golf and modifications

You don't hang about do you mate. Nice work :)

Back to the top

smudger said

You don't hang about do you mate. Nice work :)

trying to make most of my weekends because I don't have much time in the week, im amazed on how easy everything was to take out

83 MK1 Golf 1.3 CL

Back to the top
Nice one!! Great work  :thumbs:

Back to the top
great progress mate. when will the bodywork be done?

Back to the top

Dubbuds said

Nice one!! Great work  :thumbs:

thank you!

83 MK1 Golf 1.3 CL

Back to the top

browner01 said

great progress mate. when will the bodywork be done?

thanks :) trying to get as much done as possible as I only have weekends to work on the car because im at work in the week, but im working all day on the car at weekends and am expecting to get the body work done by the start of next month

83 MK1 Golf 1.3 CL

Back to the top
Looking good.... :thumbs:

"Mk1 Golf Gti...all things to all men"

Back to the top

Ice2812 said

Looking good…. :thumbs:

cheers man :)

83 MK1 Golf 1.3 CL

Back to the top
so this weekend I spent fitting the coilovers, and its a good job I did because I noticed the front shocks cracked at the bottom but the car looks loads better lower in my opinion.

83 MK1 Golf 1.3 CL

Back to the top
Looks great dude.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
love 5 door mk1s  :wub:

Back to the top
Liking that even more :thumbs:

"Mk1 Golf Gti...all things to all men"

Back to the top
today I have managed to get a fair bit of work done, I have been stripping it so I can get the bodywork repaired, engine rebuilt, rebored and preparing for a fresh spray job.

83 MK1 Golf 1.3 CL

Back to the top
Looking good man, looks pretty solid!! Nice work dude!

Back to the top

Melteddrummer said

Looking good man, looks pretty solid!! Nice work dude!

cheers dude, it is very solid on the inside just the outside needs some work

83 MK1 Golf 1.3 CL

Back to the top
See Grandad has been put to good use in the pics :)

Looks good inside mate. Won't take much to get that right.

Back to the top

smudger said

See Grandad has been put to good use in the pics :)

Looks good inside mate. Won't take much to get that right.

I would be quite lost without my granddad and the Haynes manual haha  :lol:  the inside is fine there is no rot or holed so I have done quite well :)

83 MK1 Golf 1.3 CL

Back to the top
Great to see a CL being restored,went to the AGM this year and only saw one and that was in the car park,I did speak to the guy who owned it as he just turned up as I was leaving. As Father use to have one I have got a little bit more interest in this model,seems very much to be one of the forgotten ones. Good on you mate. Dad had his for about thirteen years and in that time I did keep it on the road for him, a 5speed box was a well worth modification and any questions or probs I would try and do my best to help out.

Back to the top

baller said

Great to see a CL being restored,went to the AGM this year and only saw one and that was in the car park,I did speak to the guy who owned it as he just turned up as I was leaving. As Father use to have one I have got a little bit more interest in this model,seems very much to be one of the forgotten ones. Good on you mate. Dad had his for about thirteen years and in that time I did keep it on the road for him, a 5speed box was a well worth modification and any questions or probs I would try and do my best to help out.

thanks a lot man, I was looking for a series 2 5 door and out of no where a cl popped up on ebay so I had to get it! I am thinking of changing to a 5 speed in the future. I felt really lucky to find a 5 door cl because I thaught it was one of the rarest ones!

83 MK1 Golf 1.3 CL

Back to the top
Nice man! Mk1 for first car is badass! Mines my first car! Good luck with it all dude!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.