Skip navigation

Need genuine expert advice if possible on what is a realistic purchase on a MK1 GTI CONVERTIBLE

Back to the top

Looking to purchase a GTI and need genuine comments on queries.

URRRRRRRRRRRRR for some reason it did not post my question on the blue one
price ok?
are those wheels original?
if not are they easy to source?

many thanks

Back to the top
Jenny, do a search for funk star on here and send him a message, i spoke to him last night and he has coming soon!

1 owner from new golf clipper cabriolet in white, bought new from ladies local VW garage and taken back to that garage everyday since new for servicing. Has full VAG (Volkswagen Audi Group) service history and in 2011 she spent £1700 at VW getting it serviced, cambet, new coil springs etc etc. She passed away in 2011 and it stayed in her family and has only covered 300 miles since. It has 100,000 miles+ on it, but with full VAG history and these engines thats nothing. Sounds like a gem of an honest car, def worth a look, he is based in Aylesbury from memory

Cheers, Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

Back to the top

richyhill said

Jenny, do a search for funk star on here and send him a message, i spoke to him last night and he has coming soon!

1 owner from new golf clipper cabriolet in white, bought new from ladies local VW garage and taken back to that garage everyday since new for servicing. Has full VAG (Volkswagen Audi Group) service history and in 2011 she spent £1700 at VW getting it serviced, cambet, new coil springs etc etc. She passed away in 2011 and it stayed in her family and has only covered 300 miles since. It has 100,000 miles+ on it, but with full VAG history and these engines thats nothing. Sounds like a gem of an honest car, def worth a look, he is based in Aylesbury from memory

Cheers, Rich

Cheers rich,

Thank you I will do, also any opinion on my recent thread /comment with the links to 2 cars on auto trader that I like……

Would like to hear your thoughts :)

Back to the top
Hi Jen, both your links have pros and cons in my opinion

Blue one, quite a strong price! although owned for 10 years is a good thing, rear lights, wheels, exhaust are all non standard items, so if you are going original would need to be replaced, you can source some original wheels fairly easy, even if you have to buy a rough set and get the refurbished. Not sure about the new head it has had, someone else on here might be able to advise.

white one looks clean, but would be interesting to know how many times it has changed hands the grill isnt standard to may knoweledge or could be and a owner has pin stripped the red bit on it, also the interior looks to me like the seat dont match the door cards, so may have a bit of a mis mash of interior inside, i would go take a look at Mark (funk stars car) if it does become available, at least you would have a good understanding of what an original unmolseted car looks like even if its not for you

Cheers

Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top

richyhill said

Hi Jen, both your links have pros and cons in my opinion

Blue one, quite a strong price! although owned for 10 years is a good thing, rear lights, wheels, exhaust are all non standard items, so if you are going original would need to be replaced, you can source some original wheels fairly easy, even if you have to buy a rough set and get the refurbished. Not sure about the new head it has had, someone else on here might be able to advise.

white one looks clean, but would be interesting to know how many times it has changed hands the grill isnt standard to may knoweledge or could be and a owner has pin stripped the red bit on it, also the interior looks to me like the seat dont match the door cards, so may have a bit of a mis mash of interior inside, i would go take a look at Mark (funk stars car) if it does become available, at least you would have a good understanding of what an original unmolseted car looks like even if its not for you

Cheers

Rich

Hi Rich

yes I contacted funk stars he needs to do some work on it before its up for sale so we will see what the anticipated time is for this.

I agree the blue one is a bit over priced and the wheels are the only thing i don't like so i would change them for sure.

the white one, the previous owner has had it for 10years then the current guy bought it and has been working on it for the past yr and only started driving it in 2013, I will ask about the mix match stuff and how much of it was contributed to by him.

thank you for your help on this much appreciated :)

Back to the top

Back to the top
Hi Richy

thank you for the link to this car i only saw it and it was too late it had gone, one of the other cars i did some checks on was a right off and also the previous owner had some plate changes to cover this up :( so disapointing so far.

fingers crossed i find one.

Jenny

Back to the top
Good luck with the hunt Jenny. Take your time and one will come up for you :)

Back to the top

Back to the top
Hi Everyone

I got one!! picked it up yesterday and it is a bit tatty………

Thank you all for your help I am going to post a new thread on seperate issues relating to the car and who I should contact in relation to getting them sorted out.

:)

Back to the top
Congrats Jen. Get some pics up when you can :)

Back to the top
Great news, look forward to seeing pics :-)

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Hi

Yes how on earth do you post pics on here?

On an I pad or from I phone?

Cheers
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.