Skip navigation

Need genuine expert advice if possible on what is a realistic purchase on a MK1 GTI CONVERTIBLE

Back to the top

Looking to purchase a GTI and need genuine comments on queries.

Hi

thank you have seen a lot of nice clippers but like you say the demand for a GTI when it comes to selling it if i ever have to will be higher.

my budget is £2500, i would prefer a GTI BLACK OR WHITE, as original as possible, not adverse to some work.

can travel around 150 miles from Dorset………..

many thanks

Jenny

Back to the top
Hi I have just got my cabby and it had a stack of receipts and it has done 130k, and I have now learnt a lot from this thread, thank you for asking a good question for all in novices out here

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
Hi

richyhill thank you.

I have now decided on my wish list so i think its going to take a little bit longer to find one but here it is:
GOLF GTI MK 1 1990 ON WARDS
CONVERTIBLE
PREFERABLY BLACK
UNDER 115K MILES
MANUAL
150 MILES OR LESS FROM DORSET
AS ORIGINAL AS POSSIBLE  

hmmmmmmm i think that is it, I find a gem but it had been in an accident some time back and whoever did the work on it all across the passenger side ruined it and so now the doors did not shut properly.

shame.

the search continues.

Thank you again for everyone's help.

Back to the top

Mk 1 Helios Campaign, 2.0 16v G60

Build thread here

Back to the top

Dano said

This is the car.

The white cabby next to it is the one that I got for my girlfriend a few months ago off ebay we won it for £597 it had been stored for 7 years. It's only done 69k.
I've given it a full service plus timing belt sorted a wiring on the front sidelight then got it mot'd.

Vw golf 1980 cab (girlfriend's)
Vw T25 1.9dg auto hi-top autohomes camper
Alfasud 1.5ti green cloverleaf
Alfa 155 2.0 16v
Alfa 155 Q4 lhd 1 for 13 in uk
Alfa 155 2.5td lhd the only 1 in uk

Back to the top

tidymike said

Thank you so much this car is great however it's 4.5 hours away from me so I need to know convince someone to take me there. I will let you know how I get on, thank you so much for letting me know about this car.

Back to the top

alfachris said

Dano said

This is the car.

The white cabby next to it is the one that I got for my girlfriend a few months ago off ebay we won it for £597 it had been stored for 7 years. It's only done 69k.
I've given it a full service plus timing belt sorted a wiring on the front sidelight then got it mot'd.

Cheers I am a little confused are you saying that the white car is also for sale?
The grey one was being sold by a lady and you were going to see,if I am correct if you had her details? But you were not too sure?

Jenny :)

Back to the top
Or was that dano?

I might need to go back over my thread posts. Jenny

Back to the top
Hi jen , i have two blue rivages I am considering selling . One is spares or repair the other is  solid  , low owner standard car .Mot ,  needs a tidy up but nothing too serious . £2195 for the pair . Based in Chesterfield Derbyshire 

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top

JenBen79 said

alfachris said

Dano said

This is the car.

Cheers I am a little confused are you saying that the white car is also for sale?
The grey one was being sold by a lady and you were going to see,if I am correct if you had her details? But you were not too sure?

Jenny :)

The white isn't for sale……….I was just saying you can find a bargain sometimes :thumbs:

Vw golf 1980 cab (girlfriend's)
Vw T25 1.9dg auto hi-top autohomes camper
Alfasud 1.5ti green cloverleaf
Alfa 155 2.0 16v
Alfa 155 Q4 lhd 1 for 13 in uk
Alfa 155 2.5td lhd the only 1 in uk

Back to the top
I know of an All White, 44k cabby that's potentially for sale. No guide price as yet though.

It may come up in the adverts at some point. 

Back to the top

mk1jim said

Hi jen , i have two blue rivages I am considering selling . One is spares or repair the other is  solid  , low owner standard car .Mot ,  needs a tidy up but nothing too serious . £2195 for the pair . Based in Chesterfield Derbyshire 

Hi

Thank you, I would not be able to purchase them as a pair as for storage I do not have the space, also one other issue is getting them both back….

Shame your not closer as well.

I appreciate letting me know.

Jenny

Back to the top
Cheers alfachris. :)

ohhhhhhh dano, cool I will keep a look out.

Jenny

Back to the top
I could sell either the one i have been uslng  with mot / tax just ran out £1895. ….
or if you are up for a challenge the sparesc/ repair £600 

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
Re the grey cabby, the members user name is Lindylou.

Drop a PT if you feel like it.

Back to the top

mk1jim said

I could sell either the one i have been uslng  with mot / tax just ran out £1895. ….
or if you are up for a challenge the sparesc/ repair £600 

Hi

Ok can you send me some more details??? here is my e-mail for photos etc….brunjen@hotmail.com

cheers

Back to the top

Dano said

Re the grey cabby, the members user name is Lindylou.

Drop a PT if you feel like it.

cheers i will contact her now.

Jenny

Back to the top
There are too many online users to list.