Skip navigation

.:Home Built Mk1 TinTop

Back to the top

Chris's 7th car at 21=][=

got the alpines painted by my mate James Tabb - he does such an awsome job and has only been painting for about a year and half so expecting good things from him

coming up with colours to match a red car has always been tricky and i really didn't want go to black or silver or grey .

black chrome  crossed my mind but thought against that. so after some research and using Google images i found a colour that stood out and personally i think it will go really well against the red if not slightly clash.

ill await peoples feedback on the colour im sure it'll get mixed opinions

heres the pictures they still need to be flat a polished (this was 20 mins after baking)

Back to the top
be interesting to see this colour on the car, i was toying with the idea of blue centres for my steels but never took the leap, looks good so far tho buddy  :thumbs:

Flick r - Flickr: ErosUK's Photostream Insta g r a m - @MK1_TOBY

Back to the top
love the colour of the wheels  :cool:

Back to the top
cheers guys -- yeah need to get tyres on them and see how they fit and look :D

Back to the top

browner01 said

love the colour of the wheels  :cool:

Ditto! They're such a nice wheel too, I've always loved these  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Wheels look great - get them slapped on  :thumbs:

Matt

Back to the top

gelstharp said

got the alpines painted by my mate James Tabb - he does such an awsome job and has only been painting for about a year and half so expecting good things from him

coming up with colours to match a red car has always been tricky and i really didn't want go to black or silver or grey .

black chrome  crossed my mind but thought against that. so after some research and using Google images i found a colour that stood out and personally i think it will go really well against the red if not slightly clash.

ill await peoples feedback on the colour im sure it'll get mixed opinions

heres the pictures they still need to be flat a polished (this was 20 mins after baking)

Hi,

i have a quick question about your wheels, i have a set of these to go on my mk1 (not the staggered ones, just 6.5" all round)

Do these just fit straight on or do you have to use a set of spigot rings?

thanks

Back to the top
Very nice wheels  :thumbs:  and a brave colour. Looking forward to seeing them on.

Matt

Back to the top

yes you will need spigot rings to be safe.. although the wheels will fit without them id suggest using some

Back to the top
cheers that's what I thought

Back to the top
okay havent updated this in a while and for once i can say quite alot has changed :Dso got the wheels on (still unsure of my tyre choice but i will deal with that if it causes an issue)
 but ill let the pictures show the progress

and that is the last couple of months bought to you in a few pictures :D 

Last edit: by gelstharp

Back to the top
Looking fantastic mate, nice work!! :wub:  :wub:

Back to the top
Very nice indeed  :wub:  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
engine bay and boot looking great  :thumbs:

matt

Back to the top
thanks for the comments slowly getting there :D

Back to the top
havent updated this thread in just under a year.

sadly i cant say much has happened with the little golf but heres what has happened.

the car seems to be fighting me with everything i do and at the moment its definitely wining.

putting the drive shafts in

twin throttle cables ran

and my new Dash which is 100% better than my current one

bought some new wheels for the mk1 that cant even drive
Zender Turbo Phase 1's

needed an excuse to use my MOP and detailing gear so also gave the daily a 3stage mop over the weekend

Back to the top
here some old  pictures of when it looked its best (and working)

pretty much as i bought it just with my porsche teledials on and a tad lower.

and how it looked before i decided to take its heart out

Okay, so I've found a garage that will finish the mk1 for me, he also owns a mint mk1 himselfSo I know it's going to a good place. Should be getting trailered there Sunday so here the last picture of it being in the garage not being able to move under is own steam.

how both cars looked after not being touched in over 7 months

Back to the top
the mk1 over at RT Gaiger in Basingstoke getting finished up. had the wiring loom extended and fixed, the engine has had a once over, head is getting worked on, twin 40's will be fine tuned. hopefully not much longer now.

also I am in the process of polishing the Phase1's. might just get then ceramic polished instead depends on what sort of finish i can get.

Back to the top
Love this thread!

Amazing finish in the bay, considering it's done with rattle cans :)

I really dig the Renault wheels, but the color - sorry - I have to say that it ruins it. A light silver wheel color would suit them perfectly. The rims themselves are awesome!

Looking forward to see the Phase1's finished :)

Any other engine mods other than the 40 Webers? Camshaft etc?

1982 - Mk1 Golf 2.0 AGG 8v - 158 HP / 202 NM

Back to the top
Hi buddy where did you get your injector covers from? Any chance they would do another set including a tool for me? And what did you use to paint your rear axle?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.