Skip navigation

.:Home Built Mk1 TinTop

Back to the top

Chris's 7th car at 21=][=

got some custome made goodies today

as i am using a fuel injection head with my twin 40's  i needed something to block up the injection holes so i had these made. They are exactly what i wanted and they even made me a tool to do them up with

Back to the top
Nice custom parts!!  Tools a great idea too. Do you have a handy machinist friend?

Matt

Back to the top

pazwaa said

Nice custom parts!!  Tools a great idea too. Do you have a handy machinist friend?

Matt

yeah man im well chuffed. nah its my dads mate who made them for me :D  

Back to the top
the mk1 has not been dropped off at the body shop for over the Christmas and new year period. ill hope to get it back at the end of January all rust free and mars Red :D

Back to the top
Great christams present to yourself. Will look great  :thumbs:

Matt

Back to the top
cars finnaly out of the body shop :D the car was painted in 2pac paint as im going ot e using it for hillclimbs track days etc so just means paint wont chip as easy.

got some chrome side trim. makes such a difference and brakes up the colour

and then started the build of the rear axle, disk conversion and front brakes.

also reamoved the sound deadening from the car (weighs so much) and started to paint the inside

got bored so i waxed the bonnet haha

many more updates to come

Back to the top
Paint looks absolutely mint!  I'll have to come over and see it soon bud 

Back to the top
Nice work, looking good  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
thanks very much, going to spray the interior red tonight hopefully and build the front brakes up

Back to the top
grill arrived from VW heritage today so fitted that, but when I came to fit the headlight surrounds I realised pretty quickly they had provided me with two left sides -.- not impressed.

also tried to fit the front brakes after cleaning and painting them, went to fit the brake pads and guess what, demon tweeks had sent me the wrong pads last night was not a great night.

im still waiting for a response from both Heritage and Demon Tweeks about their mistakes

here a couple of pictures of the braided hoses and grill with crosshair lights

Back to the top
Your car is looking great man! wouldn't worry about Heritage they are normally quick to respond in my experience :)

Back to the top
cheers mate .. front seats and carpet should go back in at the weekend and also should start the rebuild of the rear axle now that I have most the parts

Back to the top
so got some of the rear axle built up yesturday the OEM+ KW rear ARB was interesting to fit but does look good once fitted. also got the corrado rear brakes and wheels bearings all on and bolted up just need to fit the carriers and calipers.

got the front carpet peice in after being cleaned and fitted new gearknob and montney steering wheel

Back to the top
More tidy work. I wouldn't have ever picked one of those Moutney wheels for a MK1 but that actually suits pretty well, I like it  :cool:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
it was out of my beetle i used to own .. so as i had it lying around i thought i may as well see how it fits and same i think it looks pretty decent

Back to the top
final managed to sort out my indicator problems. i was struggling to find one that would fit that weren't LED.

i did some searching online and found someone had used reversing lights off JJC rally.

so i measured it up and they all seemed to fit according to my rough measurements.

so i now have them fitted after a bit of re-drilling and making my own bracket as the one that came with them wouldent work in the space  

i have finally put the re built rear beam up on the car. still need to do the brake lines from the callipers to the braided hoses. the handbrake cables are all in and fit perfectly which is a result

(only picture i could get at the time)

Back to the top
havent updated this in a while.

The car is now back on all four wheels. brakes are working fine and no horrible noises which is a bonus.

as the weather has been good the last couple of weekends treated the car so a much needed clean and wax.

also got my harness's fitted

after doing some pre checks of levels and making sure all the bolts where tight from the rear disk conversion the car was ready for its longest journey yet. all the way to Telford for UD - 350 mile round trip :O

here a couple of shots from UD of the mk1. got some rolling shots too but they need editing.

and congratulations to my mate mass for winning best seat with his little beast

Back to the top
That looks great, bet it's good to be behind the wheel again  :thumbs:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Nice work bud, i'll keep an eye out for it around town  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Car looks stunning, well done  :thumbs:

Matt
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.