Skip navigation

My Golf Cabrio 1989

Back to the top

pazwaa said

Sits very nicely! Love the black alloys  :thumbs:

Matt

Cheers Matt, its pretty much sitting on the tyres there, ive just lifted it 10mm and still getting a bit of rubbing so will have to go a bit higher.

Back to the top
The dreaded MOT today hope it passes, did the disks and brakes yesterday so they should be fine.

Back to the top
I also have an 89 clipper and I wanted one for years i only bought it a few months ago it was running fine when I bought it but now I have to leave the choke out a little bit while driving otherwise it cuts out while accelerateing but while idling the choke can be fully in with no problems.  I've been told the carb needs cleaning out does anybody else that's the problem or something else . Any suggestions would be appreciated

Back to the top
dont know if its of any help but just googled it and someone had a similar problem and it turned out to be rust from the filler neck blocking the fuel filter. same thing as you idles fine but on acceleration cuts out.

Back to the top
Thanks for that I'll have a look when I finish work

Back to the top
Car passed MOT first time, well chuffed  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Well done with the mot and your changing the car got the better :-)

Keep the updates and pics coming !!

Back to the top
Nice one, well done  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
congrats on the mot, you must be chuffed  :)

matt

Back to the top
cheers guys well chuffed it passed first time and with no advisories, on the other hand my focus just failed and is costing me £300+.
Going to be doing rear disc conversion soon so ill post pics.

Back to the top
Got some new lights today.
Before.

After

Back to the top
Nice. I chose the smoked crosshairs for mine.

Back to the top

jayc said

Nice. I chose the smoked crosshairs for mine.

im amazed at how different it makes the front end look, just need some clear indicators now.

Back to the top
just finished doing the rear disks going to bleed them today, here some pics.

Back to the top
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/121332321754?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

bought some of these to fix the handbrake issue but i cant figure out what to do with them as yet.

Back to the top
Brakes all finished now, ended up getting a pair of scirocco cables for the handbrake.

Back to the top
Not updated this for a while but im going to be back at the car again very soon, going to change the rear calipers for new ones as i never really trusted the second hand ones i got, going to be detailing the engine bay aswell should be fun.

Back to the top
Just painted the calipers today so it will hopefully keep the rust off, also got some new dust backing plates that came black no to sure whether to spray these silver aswell.

Back to the top
As i said im cleaning the engine bay this year so heres a pic of how it is at the moment, sorry state i know. ive removed the air filter as i want something smaller ideally a k&n chrome bolt on one but im not sure if there is enough room between tha carb and the body what do you think?

Back to the top
Looking good mate 
There are too many online users to list.