I have a few offers on it already lol.
goes with the gold tho, goldenbrown

Back to the top
Right been busy so got some catching up to do

Trip to stockport with £80 in my pocket and I returned with this

afh1.jpg

Back to the top
and finally its in with a lot of help from my dad and uncle dad.jpg

You cant see my uncle but he is under the car shouting naughty words at the gearbox mount!!

Back to the top
Piper exhaust with the new engine sounds great, not to loud.

exhaust.jpg

Back to the top
Happy new year!!!

Right fifty shades of gold has been fighting me over the last few weeks, setup the carbs using a colortune spark plug to get it to run better so i can drive her up to Malton to have Bogg Brothers setup the bike carbs!

The car was sat on the drive running for about twenty min's, turned it off to check it over before i put her back in the garage went to start her 5 mins later and it would start!
It would die after the key was put in the running posistion, at first i wondered if there was a fuel issue, fuel pump had no 12v, sorted to but it still wouldnt run, i pushed back into the garage and thought ill have alook after christmas.

Over chrismas period while eating mince pies I wondered if the coil was getting 12v so nipped out and put a 12v feed direct to the coil and BOOM she started first turn, i ordered a new ignition switch and fitted this but this didnt solve the issue.

Mince pie number 12, "wonder if its the old Clifford imobiliser that not working" the LED suggested it was disarming but after a kick to the black box the car started 5 mins then cut out again.

Mince pie number 14 "f**k it remove the clifford"  10 mins later the cars running as she should again!

Think the clifford was also causing the Relay for the fuel pump not outputing 12V on e14, did this from instructions from John Newman off a post on here so the fuel pump doesnt run if the engine stops (in a crash).

also fitted a CHOPPED sticker from Mighty Car Mods on the back if you never seen this have a look on youtube two guys modding cars very good.

Respray is in the pipe line next and going to try and get the drivers seat sorted few rips in it, and replace all the speakers in the car.

First inpressions of the AFH on bike carbs

1. The noise is fantastic from the carbs!!!
2. great looking engine
3. runs better if you dont have a old clifford thats playing up
4. made me eat alot of mince pie's!! :o 

Back to the top
IMG_3314.JPG

Back to the top
IMG_3302.JPG

MCM stickers

Back to the top
IMG_3314.JPG

Back to the top
Cars had a few runs around Yorkshire this month
went great the sound of the bike carbs is great!
only issues were gearbox issues due to a lack of oil, accelerator cable coming unlatched from the pedal while driving a few time!

Went to the harewood arms to have a look at Jaz's new mk1 at the retro torque meet, on the way home remembered how rubbish the lights are on a mk1 so going to sort a uprated lighting loom next!

IMG_4937.JPG IMG_4932.JPG

Back to the top
Had a few hours sorting out the little jobs that I've put on the back burner, with a little help from my little man!!

put some new audio cables in for the rear speakers while i had the carpets out, then removed the rust from the seat runners.

Going to add a USB charging point tomorrow as the old cig lighter won't keep the usb charger in with, think ill put it in the side of the user dash tray

IMG_4962.JPG IMG_4959.JPG

Back to the top
Not updated this for a while….

1.4 AFH, great engine, burning oil so time to recon it but i'm going to fit a polo 1.6 AVY bottom end.;);););) IMG_0161 (1).JPG IMG_0161.JPG IMG_0162 (1).JPG IMG_0162.JPG IMG_0163 (1).JPG IMG_0165 (1).JPG IMG_0165.JPG IMG_0166 (1).JPG IMG_0166.JPG IMG_0167 (1).JPG IMG_0167.JPG IMG_0225.JPG IMG_0226.JPG IMG_0227.JPG IMG_0228.JPG IMG_0229.JPG IMG_0230.JPG IMG_0231.JPG IMG_0232.JPG IMG_0233.JPG IMG_0234.JPG

Back to the top
Using the complete AVY bottom end, drilled and tapped out the head bolt holes and drilled out the AFH pulley roller to fit the AVY block.

Back to the top
nice car mate
I had a rare gti in that colour probably 10 years ago now
never seen another gti in that colour
glad your having fun with it

Back to the top
She's a driver, not many in this colour now, I'll be honest it's a few shades of gold at the moment lol.

Always wanted a GTI but I must admit I'm very attached to the driver! 
Having fun can't wait to get it finished but think this will be a evolving project lol 

Back to the top
Great quality picture. Nice thread  :thumbs:

Back to the top
new phone very impressed tbh very clear, iPhone 7 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.