Skip navigation

Mk1 golf driver 1.3, been stood 17 years on a drive

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top

Old picture of my adjustable top mounts and they didnt move and worked great before she got parked up in the garage in november

Back to the top
Just need to install the blower motor that i have had on the shelf for about 8 months.

and this!!!

Back to the top
Same colour as mine! Cool engine swap.

Back to the top
Congrats on the MOT. Nice shiny wishbones!  :cool:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
AFH on carbs is what I run - lots of fun but make sure you get a decent manifold for the carbs and have them set up properly by someone decent - made the world of difference to mine (from not driveable to very much driveable!)

Car looks great - I'd have had it at that price and been a very happy man!

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Congrats on the MOT. Nice shiny wishbones!  :cool:

Couldn't help myself with the gold paint lol

Back to the top

georgeyv said

AFH on carbs is what I run - lots of fun but make sure you get a decent manifold for the carbs and have them set up properly by someone decent - made the world of difference to mine (from not driveable to very much driveable!)

Car looks great - I'd have had it at that price and been a very happy man!

just need to to save up for a respray but I keep getting bits and bobs, nice to see a mk1 with a AFH that's local, going to go to bogg brothers to have the carbs setup when the AFH is in.

cant wait to get it in and setup.

Back to the top
Dropping the golf in to have the tracking and camber setup, as I am happy with the ride height, should be using her on the weekend again soon

To do list is getting bigger tho

Back to the top

tomsdubs said

Same colour as mine! Cool engine swap.

I find that the colour gets a lot of comments some good some bad lol

Although my paint work is shocking tbh

Back to the top
AFH is a good choice. Nice revvy little motor.

Where did you get the top mounts from? They look awesome!

Back to the top

madmatt said

just need to to save up for a respray but I keep getting bits and bobs, nice to see a mk1 with a AFH that's local, going to go to bogg brothers to have the carbs setup when the AFH is in.

cant wait to get it in and setup.

I took mine to Daytuner at Ripon - he got it absolutely nailed and was super helpful.

Back to the top

heartagram said

AFH is a good choice. Nice revvy little motor.

Where did you get the top mounts from? They look awesome!

I came up with the idea and my dad has a engineering workshop, we made this set to test have the bits for about 20 more pairs, just looking at getting them plated.

:thumbs:  

Back to the top
Hi madmatt

Just found your thread, very nice find. The AFH on carbs will look great in your engine bay.

I'm going to use bogg bros to set my engine, when it finally goes in  :(   I've rung them a few times for advice and they've been really helpful.

Best of luck with the resto  :thumbs:

Matt

Back to the top

pazwaa said

Hi madmatt

Just found your thread, very nice find. The AFH on carbs will look great in your engine bay.

I'm going to use bogg bros to set my engine, when it finally goes in  :(   I've rung them a few times for advice and they've been really helpful.

Matt

Are you local to bogg bros? I went to them first and there were a few issues that they couldn't resolve so I went to a guy at ripon and he sorted it absolutely perfect- it's like a rocket and it's way more reliable than before! 

Back to the top
I'm in york, so the ripon option is very useful, cheers  :thumbs:

Matt

Back to the top

pazwaa said

Hi madmatt

Cheers Matt

What engine are you bike carbing?

Is your mk1 on the road?

Cheers

Matt

Matt

Back to the top
I'm doing an ABF on twin webers.

Not on the road, probably next year, fingers crossed 

Matt

Back to the top
Looks great just looked over your build thread love the alloys!

Great car!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.