Skip navigation

G60 wheel on lowered 1.1c???

Back to the top

G60 wheel on lowered 1.1c???

I have a 1.1c mk1 lowered on coilovers and I want to take the plunge and fit G60 rims. Do they fit with no mods? How do they sit with no plastic arches? What tyre sizes are people using? Do they poke? Do they tuck? Do they rub your coilovers? Do they rub the arches? 
So many questions sorry guys n gals. If you could post pictures too that would be great😊

Back to the top
shouldnt have any issues as they're pretty high offset at ET35

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
I got em on mine with no issues at all. Don't really poke much tbh I'm running 195-50-15 tyres was on 185/45/15
But I've had no issues and it was on Jom coilovers fairly low now its on D2 racing coilovers not as low but better.  :thumbs:
PIcs are with 185/45 tyres as I only fitted the 195/50's today

Back to the top
Thanks very much for the info, mines the same colour as yours dub-77. It looks mint! I've ordered my wheels now and opted for 165/50/15's. can't wait to get them😎

Back to the top

rubjonny said

shouldnt have any issues as they're pretty high offset at ET35

Thanks mate 😀

Back to the top

natodubz said

Thanks very much for the info, mines the same colour as yours dub-77. It looks mint! I've ordered my wheels now and opted for 165/50/15's. can't wait to get them😎

Sounds good mate put up some pics of yours mine isn't a 1.1c any more its a 2.0c (Audi ace bottom end KR head running twin 45 dellorto carbs) :-)

Back to the top

Dub-77 said

natodubz said

Sounds good mate put up some pics of yours mine isn't a 1.1c any more its a 2.0c (Audi ace bottom end KR head running twin 45 dellorto carbs) :-)

Mines not a 1.1 either, it's undergoing a 2.9 VR6 conversion and its not yet painted (used to be but I painted it NATO green)

Back to the top
How do I put a picture up?

Back to the top

natodubz said

How do I put a picture up?

Well I upload to photobucket then copy the img tag to the post I'm writing. 
And that's going to be one rapid little golf mate  ;)

Back to the top

Work in progress😡

Back to the top
Cool engine in then !!

Back to the top
Thats gonna be sweet with that VR6, always wondered what one of those would be like in a mk1! My company Bullet Wheels will have a g60 copy in wider specifications in stock in about 5-6 weeks time. We are doing them in 15x7 ET25, 15x8 ET20 and 15x9 ET15. Latter two will be pretty wide on a mk1, but the 7's should fit without rubbing if 165/50's are being used. Message me if your interested. Cheers! :thumbs:

Back to the top

Ronnie85 said

Thats gonna be sweet with that VR6, always wondered what one of those would be like in a mk1! My company Bullet Wheels will have a g60 copy in wider specifications in stock in about 5-6 weeks time. We are doing them in 15x7 ET25, 15x8 ET20 and 15x9 ET15. Latter two will be pretty wide on a mk1, but the 7's should fit without rubbing if 165/50's are being used. Message me if your interested. Cheers! :thumbs:

Thanks guys but I've just bought some brand new G60's on Friday. I will be running with 165/50/15's too.

Back to the top
No worries, out of interested what do they cost from VW?

Back to the top

Ronnie85 said

I got mine for £140ish 3-4mths ago. I wish I has known about your wider option though I'm thinking about banding mine to a 7 or 8J 
What are the prices of yours ?? 

Back to the top

Ronnie85 said

Just paid £154.95 for mine (no centres tho)

Back to the top

natodubz said

Ronnie85 said

Just paid £154.95 for mine (no centres tho)

Same as that mate I got my centres from vw heritage about £6 each and the black wheel bolt caps I can supply if you need any for £5.00 for 16 (new)

Last edit: by Dub-77

Back to the top

Dub-77 said

Ronnie85 said

I got mine for £140ish 3-4mths ago. I wish I has known about your wider option though I'm thinking about banding mine to a 7 or 8J 
What are the prices of yours ?? 

They will be about £340-360 a set. depending on size. So should be a cheaper option than buying g60's + then banding + painting + postage too and from banding company. Plus they are factory made already wide so you wont get the vibration or wheel shake you can get from some banded wheels (some companies are good though).

But for you I guess it might just be worth getting yours banded seeing as you already have them, depends if you can be bothered with the hassle of sending them off etc.

Back to the top
Ronnie what is your company name ? 

Back to the top

Dub-77 said

Dub-77 said

Bullet Wheels  :thumbs:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.