Skip navigation

Mk1 cabby CC interior! How rare are they?

Back to the top
I bought a 1986 mk1 cabby golf, on the log book it says its a cc model ! The interior and hood had cc all over it ,even the sun visors, the hood was totally shot but I still have the complete interior ! It's in ok condition apart from drivers seat ! It's quite faded too! Door cards ain't too bad! I've been told the cc model is quite rare! I never seen a complete mint cc cabby before, not even on pics on the net! Any info or pics would be great!!!

Back to the top
Have a look around the sites wiki for guides and gallery for things like this !!

http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=galleries&type=misc&id=christmas_cabriolet

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
pearcestu has got a very tidy cc cabby, we re covered his drivers seat for him (beers still owed ;) ) because he put his inder inside a running engine and was bandaged up !

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
Hi,

I had to replace my hood this year but the head liner and all other CC bits of mine are still in mine.

Only missing the decals from the outside as it was painted once.

I have yet to see another CC in the same condition inside, I'm sure there must be some out there. Less than 80 on the road if you check the how many are there site for car registrations, every ad I see for one has a bad interior people half leather the seats a lot.

I was lucky and got a set of covers of another one thanks to Dan then used the passengers seat as a new drivers for mine.

I have another set that has been half leathered too. Always looking for CC bits but it just gets harder to find them.

I have a copy of the sales brochure that has pics of a shinny factory fresh one.  

Back to the top
Surely someone could make some decals up for you to get it sorted on the outside Stu?? 

Back to the top
I need some for them to copy, don't have any good pics or measurements at the moment.

Back to the top

Back to the top

pearcestu said

I need some for them to copy, don't have any good pics or measurements at the moment.

just draw it one with crayons.

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
That's how you ended up with a lesbian green car Scott !! 

Back to the top
Are you selling the interior on eBay?

Back to the top
I have a 1984 cc but it has no cc on the interior or exterior. Can anyone post up some pics if where it should have cc on it?

Back to the top

robanniversary said

I have a 1984 cc but it has no cc on the interior or exterior. Can anyone post up some pics if where it should have cc on it?

VW didnt make the CC in 1984, maybe yours is the all white gti ?

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top

arf333 said

robanniversary said

VW didnt make the CC in 1984, maybe yours is the all white gti ?

That would explain it lol. I was sure the logbook said it was a cc but ill have to look. It wasn't bought on the understandingit was so not an issue. Just thought it was as its all white. Thanks for the info.  Ill double check the logbook as taking it up to dvla later to get rid of the Irish plate and put back on an A plate

Back to the top
here you are have a look at this :)
http://www.cabby-info.com/whiteedition.htm

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
if it is a white edition your into a whole world of pain trying to find original material for the seats :P  ive been looking for 10 years+ and still looking

Back to the top
i have a full cc interior not so good condition but very usable, think the sun visors are missing! still never seen a coplete cc model tho... will upload some pics asap

Back to the top
I will be at the AGM with mine

Back to the top

racer said

if it is a white edition your into a whole world of pain trying to find original material for the seats :P  ive been looking for 10 years+ and still looking

Yes….i am finding the same….I will let you know if I somehow succeed!!  O_o

————— Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass….it's about learning to dance in the rain…

Back to the top

racer said

Is this it?

http://www.westtrading.nl/detail.asp?Id=8412682&language=UK&t=Seat%20upholstery

'83 Formel E aka Oreo!

Banner

Back to the top

m00 said

racer said

Is this it?

http://www.westtrading.nl/detail.asp?Id=8412682&language=UK&t=Seat%20upholstery

Looks near as!!! Thanks for the link :-)

————— Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass….it's about learning to dance in the rain…

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.