Skip navigation

Struggling to sell my Sportline

Back to the top
Some feedback on my Sportline sale would be great. Willing to reduce to £2,300. Is this a fair valuation or do I need a reality check? I've had no interest from an auto trader advert over the last 3 weeks.

Any help would be great cheers.

http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=cars-for-sale_2%2Fblack-sportline-for-sale

Back to the top
For your original asking price i would expect the manifold, window and speedo to be sorted.

Back to the top
I would get some better pics too, very hard to say without decent pics of all the car.

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner

Back to the top

Back to the top
Should go at £2300.
The pics are naff though.

Black L reg Sportline's are fairly rare as well.

Get it up here:
Classic Cars for Sale | Car and Classic

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
I noticed in your ad you was selling because of a baby arriving, I've got a 18 month old son and fitted the maxi cosy rear facing seat in the front as it needs a 3 point seat belt for when he was a small baby and now use a Britax eclipse car seat which is designed for lap belts so now he seats in the back of the car, I use my mk1 as a daily drive.
If you are selling because of needed extra cash, don't we all when a baby arrives then good luck with the sale but if selling because of fitting baby seats it can be done in a mk1 cabriolet.
Just something else to think about……..

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
Heyup mate
Must admit i only saw this on Autotader last night as my other halfs looking for a cabby. As stated above, the first thing i said was id want everything to be in tip top at that sort of money. For what it would cost, it would be more benificial to you if you spent a little bit of doe on it to get it up to scratch, that way your more likely to achieve what your asking for  :thumbs:

Chris

Volkswagen Golf LS (1981 X)   Austin Morris Mini HL (1981 X)  Honda Civic Type S CTDi (2009 59)   Mercedes-Benz 208D F & D Motorhome (1990 G)  Audi A2 SE (2001 X) Banner

Back to the top
x2 - I would have thought someone on here would be interested in it at £2300 but the faults are fairly trivial so you might be better off fixing them yourself, or getting someone to do it.

The rev counter not working could be something as simple as the red/black wire that feeds to the multi-connector for the clocks having lost its connection to the coil

Mk 1 Helios Campaign, 2.0 16v G60

Build thread here

Back to the top
I messaged him last night twice, as I was interested in more pics and better details.

Richiehill was in London this morning and was willing to go and see the car for me but I havent received a response yet ??

So if he wants to sell, I think he needs to pay attention to his messages better, as I will now not be interested !!

Back to the top
Hi all thanks for the feedback. Ive updated the requested photos below and can provide any further specific pics on request.

My mobile is 07825745530 if anyone is interested and would like to discuss.

http://postimg.org/gallery/1n2qiflq/ac0e3a09/

Back to the top
I will give u a call in a wee while :-)

Back to the top
I was hoping to get £2,300 for the car as it is. Alternatively, I can source and fit the parts to sort out the manifold/window and rev counter but would be looking for more cash. Am relaxed with either route if anyone is interested and wants to give me a call.

Thanks!

Back to the top
£2,300 is a good price especially for an L reg, it must be the pics and the little niggling bits.

I would take it to a few shows and advertise it there.

1991 Black Sportline 1.8 GTI Cabby - gone

1983 Papyrus Green 1.5 Auto GL Cabby - gone

1984 Nevada Beige MK2 Golf 1.6CL LHD Auto - gone

1981 Schwartz Black MK1 Golf 1600 GTI - gone

Currently Mk1less!

Back to the top
Sounds like a fair price to me based on the info and pics on here.

Be patient mate and I am sure you will sell. :)

Back to the top
i'll give you £2300 if you can wait a month!

Banner

Back to the top
Thanks to Lewis for his time on the phone this morning, he is a cracking lad and hopefully I will pick up this Sportline next Friday !!

That will be a red and black one for me to bring back to their best original condition over the next wee while ;-)

Back to the top
What another Sportline.

That's just greedy lol!

Congratulations on the new purchase…

1991 Black Sportline 1.8 GTI Cabby - gone

1983 Papyrus Green 1.5 Auto GL Cabby - gone

1984 Nevada Beige MK2 Golf 1.6CL LHD Auto - gone

1981 Schwartz Black MK1 Golf 1600 GTI - gone

Currently Mk1less!

Back to the top
Chris, you've got more money than sense pal  :lol: 

Congrats on the purchase. Hope all goes smoothly. 

Smudger. 

Back to the top
Thanks boys.

Job done and should get it next Fri, then get it upto the standard of my red one over the next year and then show both of them :-)

Still to keep going with my red one though and get the finishing touches done !!

Back to the top
Good effort mate. Bet the mrs is delighted ;)

Or haven't you told her yet :lol:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.