Skip navigation

K04 upgrade question.

Back to the top

peterg60 said

All was sent free to test :)

Lucky man! Any chance they need a second tester?? :lol:

PM me if you fancy selling that lot Pete, might take it off your hands if the price is right…

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI
2015 Mk7 Golf R 2.0 TSI 4motion DSG
2011 Caddy Maxi Kombi 1.6 TDi
1982 Mk1 Golf GTi 3 Door 1.8t - Build Thread

Back to the top

Joe90k said

peterg60 said

Check my build thelread in next few days frankenturbo sent me turbo and manifold to test :)

What was the total cost if you don't mind me asking mate? PM me if you like.
total cost what I got on car now f23 and manifold was bout 900 quid. But U need forged rods fitted with a hybrid

Back to the top
What rods have you got Pete? Heard Integrated Engineering are the way to go…

http://www.performancebyie.com/integrated-engineering-1-8t-144x19-drop-in-rods-vw-audi

2018 Up! GTi 1.0 TSI
2015 Mk7 Golf R 2.0 TSI 4motion DSG
2011 Caddy Maxi Kombi 1.6 TDi
1982 Mk1 Golf GTi 3 Door 1.8t - Build Thread

Back to the top
My rods I got from tsr performance they use them in race cars 360 quid forgot what they called now. Then ones U linked are very good . Badger5 stocks them.

Back to the top
Jumping on an old thread here.

Can anyone confirm this is the correct TIP for my agu K04 conversion?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/160764236552?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Thanks in advance.

Andy :cool:

Back to the top
Yes correct 1

Back to the top
Thanks Peter, top man. :thumbs:

Back to the top
 :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Another question peeps. Which lamda probe do I need? running oem managment, stage 2 remap?

Thanks in advance.

Andy.

Back to the top
Standard bosch one mate :)

Back to the top
There are a few different ones, all with the same part number but with different letters at the end.

06A 906 262 is the part number, which letter at the end?

Back to the top
Want me to have a look at mine mate tomorrow?

Lambda probe that is ;)

Smudger

Back to the top
Yeah if ya don't mind mate, get some pics as well, of the lamda probe that is!! :lol:

Back to the top
Hi guys, sorry to ask another question.

I have read the 1.8t conversion guide on here which is very useful but still unsure on a few things, sorry I'm new to this!

I've just bought a 1.8t AGU engine from an Audi A3 (150hp) that has done 78k. It's being delivered this weekend and hoping to start work asap.

It comes with everything, turbo, ancillaries, gearbox and loom etc.

Now this A3 gearbox, will it fit into my mk1? Or will I need a different one? Not sure on what gearbox it is all I know is it's from an A3.

I have a 1.8gti conversion already from an older golf so will these engine mounts work or will I need new ones?

It's got the standard K03 turbo on it, looking at getting a K03s turbo and getting it remapped with a front mount intercooler, does anyone know how hard these are to fit into the mk1 bay? I already have a custom exhaust.

Will I need new 100mm driveshafts too? and what don't I need from the Audi engine?

Will I also need to change the loom, and if so, can anyone on here point me in the right direction?

Sorry for all the questions, and I look forward to hearing your replies. :)

Dave

DavidRouth - "But my passion is cars. It's what I like to do in my off time. "
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.