Skip navigation

cabby 1982 rough price idea needed

Back to the top

Selling my cabby

Thinking of selling my cabby but was wondering what you think they sell for. It's a 1982 with maf clocks early spec sport line gti white edition with black roof though has slight rusty rear arches and boottom of doors other then that its mint. No mot but would easily pass. Had refurbished steering rack. New brake lines and discs and pads plus master cylinder. Laser line immobiliser, has coilovers done about 135 thou miles. Just wondering what they sell for as I don't see 1982/ 1983 cabbys on eBay

Back to the top
id say under a grand with no mot. put ticket and tax on it get it out in the sun with roof down for top dollar ;)

scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
No such thing as an early spec white sportline GTI Edition.
It's a bit jumbled, do you mean it's an early GTI, all white version, with sportline MFA clocks in it??
There's nothing early spec about the sportline coming out in 1990.
Get some pics up so we can see what you really have got.
Then we can advise you much better.
Rusty doors and rear wheel arches means panels welding and paint potentially costing a lot to repair.

cheers

chortle

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
i say early spec as in its the one that was produced early on then the later ones you see on ebay for example late 80s if you know what i mean lol. and yeah i mean its the gti all white with mfa clocks :D the doors are only slight cosemtic rust at the bottom and rear arches are just abit poo under the plastic arch and i have no time for it as i got two other mk1s. just thought id ask the pros here on rough price. dno wether to get mot on it then sell or just sell as it is lol :ninja: chhers will get some pics up soon

Back to the top
Rusty MOT-less non standard(?) cabrio, few hundred quid for someone to break or potentially spend 1000s getting back on road.

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
were in the country are you?

Back to the top
Whats the sportline connection though?

The sportline was a run out model from 90-93. There wasn't an earlier model sportline.
So cannot fathom the connection?
Pre 88 cabbies had the small bumpers on and no facelift kit.

Deffo get some pics up. Prices vary from a few hundred to whatever someone will pay. So condition, service history etc helps.
You have me intrigued lols

Back to the top

theres a pic if it works. if thats the case then i guess the bodykit was added  :dry:

dont thinkt it would take anywhere near a thousand to get back on the road repair pannels on the back are aint expensive. easy for anyone whos good with a welder

im in west wales

Back to the top
when you have a price in mind let me know. always looking for something else to do :thumbs:

Back to the top
Pic is great. :thumbs:

Yes it looks like the face lift or clipper kit or big bumper kit has been added later.

Back to the top
Price wise I'm thinking 850? What you think?
Got loads of service history and receipts don't really want to sell the car but desperate for the money. The car will be on p slots 

Back to the top
sorry to much for me. may need welding, a spray and probably work for mot, cus if its just put through mot and not sprayed you still cant ask good money for it. good luck though.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
What would you reckon a sensible price is? Just want it gone or il brake it for parts…. So one other question would be, would the cabby gti tank fit a tintop as I'm doing a 1.8t conversion… Cheers guys

Back to the top
i dont want to insult you but i have to take into account trailer and collection cost. i could only offer £400 but can collect within a couple of days

Back to the top
not 100% sure but i dont think tanks are the same

Back to the top
Hmm i will think about it 550 I would prefer. Might see if it will pass mot or might slap it on eBay as it is or brake it for parts.. Lol :(

Back to the top
how about meet half way at 475 but couldnt collect until weekend when i get paid

Back to the top
Il think about but don't really want it to go for any less then 550. There's a good few parts I could use of it and sell the rest of the stuff but then im  destroying a poor mk1 lol. It also has a longlife exhaust system on there. Wouldn't mind getting your number for when I make my mind up though  :lol:

Back to the top
ok. offers on the table. im looking to buy one this week so if you could let me know asap my number is 07557914692. cheers. Paul

Back to the top
Just sent you a PT/PM bobyjon. :thumbs:

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.