Skip navigation

Lemon Yellow Tin top Restoration

Back to the top
Top work as always Andrew. Nice tidy and clean workshop you have there.

Back to the top
Nice to see another lemon yellow being put back on the road :)Mine is in primer.

Back to the top
Always impressed how fast your getting through this! Looking forward to seeing paint  :cool:

Get the yellow out!!  :lol:

Back to the top

watson said

Top work as always Andrew. Nice tidy and clean workshop you have there.

Thanks very much. I must confess though, the workshop is my dads, the car will be back over to mine once it is sprayed

Back to the top

Neil_Ireland said

Nice to see another lemon yellow being put back on the road :)Mine is in primer.

Yeah I cant wait :)

Back to the top

Ronnie85 said

Always impressed how fast your getting through this! Looking forward to seeing paint  :cool:Get the yellow out!!  :lol:
Its been a joint effort so far, between me and my dad, and my mate sandblasting it, but its coming along nicely now

Back to the top
Time for another update.

Rear chassis legs repaired

Spare wheel well repaired

New lower rear panel fitted

Started to fill the new arch

Rear quarter panel in primer

Primed the rear and stone chipped the bottom of the panel

Drivers side quarter panel and sill in primer and stone chipped the sill

Any surface rust was when the cars was been worked on was removed with a wire brush in the grinder back to bare metal, then zinc primed, seam sealed and stone chipped

First coat of high build on the roof

Not bad going. I still need to prime and seam seal the front panel, engine bay and inside then its a case of more rubbing down then some nice new Lemon Yellow paint :)

Back to the top
Looking good.  Interested to know if your going to do the underside and wheelarches black or bodycolour lemon yellow.

Back to the top

watson said

Looking good.  Interested to know if your going to do the underside and wheelarches black or bodycolour lemon yellow.

Thanks. Underside and the wheel arches will be sprayed lemon yellow

Back to the top
Very impressive work :thumbs:

Back to the top

Back to the top

Back to the top
Great work so far, I hope to do this one day to mine, can I ask what the black stuff you've sprayed on the floor is? and where you got your arch repair panels from? Matt

'83 1.3 Golf Driver GT - Project thread
Instagram - matt.semp

Back to the top

mazza411 said

Great work so far, I hope to do this one day to mine, can I ask what the black stuff you've sprayed on the floor is? and where you got your arch repair panels from? Matt

Thanks. The black is stone chip. I got my repair panels from http://www.vwheritage.com/

Back to the top
Sprayed and ready to put back together. All the underside and arches have been sprayed black.

Back to the top

mk1newbie said

watson said

Thanks. Underside and the wheel arches will be sprayed lemon yellow

Changed my mind and sprayed the underside and arches black.

Back to the top
Car is looking great! not long for the rebuild then?

Back to the top
New paintwork looks spot on. . You don't hang about do you :lol:  Looking forward to more updates.

Back to the top
Looks great!  :thumbs:

Back to the top

Melteddrummer said

Car is looking great! not long for the rebuild then?

Thanks very much :) I'm hoping it will be somewhere near finished by the end of September.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.