Skip navigation

Slippy8v's Syncro now with MOT

Back to the top
Tidy work ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
On a roll the last few days,new uprated tailgate struts fitted,front side lights wired in and working,rear bash plate and panels fitted all new nuts,bolts and screws,this was bit of jigsaw puzzle as i did not take it off,the guys in garage removed them and just put everything in a box!! Engine cleaned up,stainless steel chain fitted for tow bar pin and ball cover. Had a round chrome surround that just fitted the hole in the bash plate so stuck it in.(i know it will never be seen but i got it from a mate in the MK1 golf owners club who had got a batch from china by mistake and said i wouldn't find any where to fit it, well i just did)

Back to the top
Your a busy man slippy but making great progress on this machine - when is the MOT?

Check out this eBay No: 281214930697

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
No point in wasting a day off even if has been raining all day,so got the vax out and gave the seats a good wash,could not believe the amount of dirt came out,had a big roll of wooden floor foil insulation so lined the top of the engine and bulk head with 2 layers,what a difference it has made to the sound really cut the noise from the engine.Will do the floor with the same stuff no point in wasting it.

right side before and left after the clean

this is what came out

Back to the top
Rest of floor insulated+some extra on engine bulkhead
little C clip fitted to dash tidy for the FM IPod sender now sits in place without moving around,no no need to change the retro head unit.
Fitted alloy angle trim where top off bulkhead was cut out.

Back to the top
Amazing work gone into this mate. I tip my cap to you dude :)

Smudger

Back to the top
Thanks Smudger I know she's only a van but its been a great blank canvas so far. Plyfloor next and engine bulkhead and top of engine bay also in ply then carpet on side panels.
Was off over xmas and new year so had the time to get stuck in,back to work tomorrow so things will slow down again,roll on the bright nights.

Back to the top
Rear swing arms,hubs and springs cleaned down and treated with vactan before repainting,alloy floor trim cleaned and painted,spare wheel carrier trial fitted.

Back to the top
Looking good!

Sticker Pig

Back to the top
Dark nights what a pain can't get at the van,only able to fit these what a differance they make and really cheap £2.19 for 2 on E-Bay

Back to the top
4th and last heater plug in what a pain to get out and the new one in,had to get the better half to assist with the little 8mm nut, used a screwdriver and a bit of blue tack to hold in place then my good lady was able to get her small hand in and get one thread on. New floor down and new floor panel over engine,replaced part of the diesel hose coming of the injectors as it was pretty beat out.

Back to the top
Small side ply panels finished and test fitted, want to have some seating as the van will be used mainly as a day van for the beach,i will be fitting a R+R bed at some point but liked the idea of a drop down buddy seat checked out some prices but serious money (£80)so thought i would go down a different route.
Thinking of a fold down seat I knew that a shower seat would do the same job,so a quick search of EBay I picked up one for £20 + postage,so if your looking for a drop down seat get a shower seat.
I wanted to fit the seat on the bulkhead behind the front seats but the panel is at an angle half way down where i wanted to fit the seat so had to fit some type of spacer to keep the seat at 90 degree's to the bulk head once it was fitted,so i used a cork sanding block as a test piece which was ideal,just needed to cut 2 bits of for each side. The bulkhead was not likely to take the weight of some one sitting on the seat so made up a backing panel from a bit of alloy tread plate i had,made it so it runs up the back of the bulk head as i want to fit a padded back panel for the seat.Got it all bolted up and tried it out,no problems taking my 15 stone lol.The seat frame will be painted and a seat pad and back pad fitted later.

Back to the top
Ingenious idea slippy. Nice one mate.  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Change of plan ref the Belkin FM sender,picked up a smaller fm sender for £3.68 and fitted it in the ash tray feeding the power lead down through the bottom and under the dash tidy just above the cigarette socket,nice and neat.

Back to the top
Looks tidy ;)

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Well this is whats it was all about
THE WAIT

THE TEST

and the result after all the hard work yeeeeeee haaaaaaaaaa  NEW MOT   Last one was 2001

Back to the top
Hey nice one!!! Makes all the hard work worth it  :thumbs:

Andy

1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Nice one Slippy - well done - you must be well chuffed?

Time to put it on the market now. LOL.  ;)

Cheers Hugh.

www.vwgolf1.com - vw golf parts and genuine accessories!

Banner

Back to the top
Super job. The van certainly looks the part now.

Sticker Pig

Back to the top
Birthday last week so had a few quid to spend,so new wiper blades,new headlight bulbs and a nice new set of 4 inch Blaupunkt speakers for the doors to match the Blaupunkt radio.
Will be getting her taxed at the end of the month,can't wait to start driving her. Interior next have a few ideas.

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.