Skip navigation

Slippy8v's Syncro now with MOT

Back to the top
Looking good, What rust killer are you using?
Andy

Back to the top
Vactan for all the surface bits i can get at, all bad bits cut out and renewed.

wish bones, rear swing arms, anti roll bar all sub frame that needs it.

Back to the top
weekend syncro fix needed so did a few bits
new turbo oil feed pipe arrived still to be fitted,replaced the leaking diesel blank and all the hoses changed inc vac hose,fitted extended gearstick (will fit new gaiter from T4) put sun visors back in, fitted seat handle,dash untidy arrived still to be fitted.Sorted slight coolant leak,steam cleaned the engine bay and gear box plus and grim i could see.
checked the heater plugs using a laser thermometer,each one 12c when cold turn on ignition 2 times to get them hot then rechecked all showing 14 to 16c so all heating saved unscrewing them out (welcome feed back on this method of checking).Fired her up and let  run very little red diesel now left in tank.

Back to the top
topped off to day and top ball joints fitted,new fuel filter fitted and turbo oil feed fitted, new hose clips to be fitted later, starting to come together.

Back to the top
Top work buddy. Coming along nicely. Keep up the good work :)

Smudger

Back to the top
This was the old turbo oil feed  not very good.
4x4x4 decal arrived all the way from the USA
 zig also arrived for later down the build.

Back to the top
Looking good mate!  :cool:

How does the dash tidy fit? I've been thinking about getting one but read you have to screw them down?  :(

I've just ordered a few bits for mine, slowly but surely getting there!  :lol:

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top
Got this on EBay its the 2 piece one it has screw points but i don't want to screw it either, so will use some M3 heavy duty vecro should do the job OK.

Back to the top
Leather gear gaiter fitted looks pretty good. 20 quid of new diesel and some injector cleaner in the thank what a difference that made when starting up big reduction in smoke when ticking over pretty clear as well.
Prep work for body work started today front grills off (lower grill a pig as screws rusted in so had to be ground out as i did not want to break the grill) front and rear bumpers removed,rear light cluster removed and lights checked (all ok) rear tail gate badges removed, all handles removed then re fitted just to make sure they would come off.Rear vent grills removed. That should leave her almost ready for the body shop.

Back to the top
getting a wee bit ahead of myself but had to get this when i had the chance.
dont want to fit the van out as a camper, but still want to be able to get away if needed and still have the basics.
Saw this in a thread on the 80 90 site and would be ideal for what i wanted so after a year of EBay searching picked this up this week, well pleased and a good price as well,good clean down and came up fine, just need the van finished now  :rofl

Last edit: by slippy

Back to the top
Nice bit of kit mate. Things like that you gotta have when the price is right because you can be sure when you need it they'll be mega money :lol:

Back to the top
know only to well after looking for chrome bits for the Rivage,that when that needed or wanted item comes up and if the price is ok then it has to be got.

Been looking on and off for the past year for one in prep for the van project.

Back to the top
First cuts makes me weak in the knees lol

Back to the top
Work now well under way as you can see never a pretty sight at this stage.

Back to the top
Good progress mate. You're right no car looks good in that state but it's about the prep work for the finished product. Good luck with it :)

Smudger

Back to the top
Got the old bumpers blasted primed and painted the body shop guys where not happy with the finish so did them again,bloody h*ll there nice and shiny not original finish but look great.

Back to the top
Looking good mate, that auto cube's pretty special - I'll be on the look out for one of those for mine!

Looking forward to seeing this in paint.  :cool:

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top
another bit done roof now painted, tow bar off to get rear panel painted

Back to the top
masked of in the oven ready for paint hopefully tomorrow

Back to the top
looking good ive alwasy wanted one of these or a earli one
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.