Skip navigation

series 2 agu 20v conversion

Back to the top
My mk4 donor car has a charcoal canister do I need keep this if not how do I get around it please
Thanks

Sorry if this is a silly question I've never done anything like this before although I've had 5 mk1 s before so I'm sure I will need to be asking for plenty of information :-)

I am also breaking the rest of the mk4 so please feel free to pm me for parts.

Back to the top
u wont need the charcoal canister. i also didnt do anything like this before so any question just post them up and i do my best to help :thumbs:im sure the charcoal canister hose goes into the tip. you can bin the canister

Last edit: by peterg60

Back to the top
Thanks mate that's good to know ! you say the canister hose goes into the tip ?

Have read your build thread nice car ! :-) 

Back to the top
cheers m8 what mangement you going to run the car?

Back to the top
my engine also was a agu. if you look at my build thread the first page how i got the engine on a pallet then futher down how i removed the stuff i didnt need. if you going oem mangement you basically wanna keep all the pcv system and also the tip. it all depends how you wanna go about it. me i threw the engine in then build around the bay. are you keeping ko3 turbo or upgrading

Back to the top
I'm going to use the standard ecu I think ? and the standard turbo.

Back to the top
That's cool best to get engine out of donor on floor take off whats not needed plant engine in mk1 and build from there

Back to the top
Could you tell me what a tip is please,and also how I can contact the chap who does the looms it sounds like he is a busy man so would like too get a date set
Cheers

Back to the top
turbo intake pipe

rubjonny  is the man for the looms pm him on this site

http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=members&type=view&id=rubjonny

Back to the top
Thanks mate told you I didn't have a clue :-) I've pm'd him I think.

Back to the top
Rubjonny is a popular chap and I think is booked up well into the year already. Hope you're not in a rush to get it finished. :(

Back to the top
No rush :-) I've not even got a mk1 yet just a unit and a mk4 donor,have contacted the main man it will be December that's fine,but he needs a mk1 loom so I'm on the look out for a car or just a loom for now as I would like too gather all parts first its just as well that just caddy's is at the end of the yard where I have my unit :-) 

Back to the top
I got a comp mk1 GTI loom with CE1 fuse box. If ya interested let me know Ill get some pics.
Cheers
Darren

Back to the top
Hi Darren could be interested in that for sure is that the later fusebox I don't want one with ceramic fuses ?
Thanks
Ben

Back to the top
Have a think and let me know. 

Back to the top
What year car is it from mate and does it have blade or ceramic fuses ?
Thanks
Ben

Back to the top

greenb said

What year car is it from mate and does it have blade or ceramic fuses ?
Thanks
Ben
It's the CE1 fuse box mate so its the blade type fuses and from a 1984 car. 

Back to the top
How much do you want 

Back to the top

greenb said

How much do you want 

Make me an offer mate. Where abouts are you ? 
(I should be meeting up with a member from here Sat morn jct 2 M40 if that was any good ?? But postage isn't a problem either).

Last edit: by Dub-77

Back to the top
Sounds like your a way away I'm in hook near reading,was thinking 40 pound
Cheers
Ben
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.