Skip navigation

Hi There

Back to the top
Cliveyboy - how did the car viewing go, did you buy ???

Back to the top
Well chaps, firstly, thanks for the continued interest. It ,lloks like I'm going to pick it up on Sunday (subject to it starting and driving). I went to see the car last weekend, and fortunately, its solid as a rock. That all I wanted. floor pans, sills, scuttle, bulkhead, inner / outer arches, boot floor, all rot free. The hood and sun bleached paint make it look untidy but its actually a good car. Little mould spots on the seats etc, but they will come out.

We couldnt get the car started. Tried it with a booster pack. She spluttered a few times, and was amost there but the battery was knackered and the booster pack almost flat. Plus almost no fuel, and what there wa has been sat there for a long time so its almost certainly gone off. It will start this weekend. Anyway, all the electrics work - even the hood. So, its a fixer upper and I'm on the case. Cant wait to get my gurbby mits on it  :lol:

Back to the top
Sounds like a good'un mate in need of some TLC. Good luck at the weekend. :)

Back to the top
As soon as I can, I'll figure out how to get some pics up. Don't laugh though, she'll be a minter once shes done. I have a vision in my head, and providing I am not mental, it should be achievable :-)

Back to the top
Hi

Welcome to the Mk1 Golf Owners Club, enjoy your stay and feel free to browse around the forum and ask any questions you may have, we are all a friendly bunch, and will try and help where we can : - )
If you are looking to save money make sure you check out here:
http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=purchase&type=message&id=-1&product=USERGROUP5
For just £20 a year for paid membership, you have soon saved more than the paid membership free on discounts from the partners that support our paid members, and on top of that help the club keep going.
As a club we encourage people to meet up, make new friends and share experiences and knowledge we have all had with our golfs etc , so if that's your sort of thing keep an eye on the Regional and National pages below, where there will be details of meets in and around your location. Also details of who your Regional Host is or are, feel free to contact them about meets in your area also.
http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=forumview&id=national_2
http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=forumview&id=regional_2

And finally the biggest event of the year ! ! The Mk1 Golf Owners Club - Annual Gathering. If you are looking for a great weekend or even just coming along for the day , fun and laughter, meet new people, enjoy a drive out of 90+ Mk1 Golfs, a great show and shine day on the Sunday and Auto jumble then it's not to be missed : - ) , see here for details:
http://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=forumview&id=2013-annual-gathering

I look forward to meeting you at some shows / club meets in the near future
Cheers
Rich

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Hi all, just a quick checkin. Well I got the car home and so far I have serviced it and overhauled the brakes. She runs and drives beautifully. Well pleased. It's had a good wash and looks light years better. Body is in much better condition than I thought. Paint is flat but I knew that. I was surprised at how nimble it was. Very revvy and sure footed. Obviously it's not fast but it certainly will be fun. It's going to stay totally stock, and will get plenty of TLC. The misses loves it. Perfect car for her. Retrotastic :-) got some probs with the leccy good so if anyone has any guidance, I would appreciate some tips. The issue will be posted in the right part of the forum. Look forward to seeing some of you at future shows.

Back to the top
It would be good to see you at the AGM, I'm going up on the Sunday in my Clipper cabriolet…if you'd like to see some pics just have a look at my thread in the Newbies section…make sure you get some pics of yours on here soon…and welcome! :cool:

Back to the top

Cliveyboy said

Hi all, just a quick checkin. Well I got the car home and so far I have serviced it and overhauled the brakes. She runs and drives beautifully. Well pleased. It's had a good wash and looks light years better. Body is in much better condition than I thought. Paint is flat but I knew that. I was surprised at how nimble it was. Very revvy and sure footed. Obviously it's not fast but it certainly will be fun. It's going to stay totally stock, and will get plenty of TLC. The misses loves it. Perfect car for her. Retrotastic :-) got some probs with the leccy good so if anyone has any guidance, I would appreciate some tips. The issue will be posted in the right part of the forum. Look forward to seeing some of you at future shows.

Rubjonny is your electrics man. Drop him a PM. ;)

Back to the top
Quick update people. Car has been seeing lots of TLC. I spent an absolute age carefully compounding the whole car, valeting the interior and cutting back / polishing the alloys. No one down my way believes its the same car. Talk about transformation!!!! Well pleased :-) Going for MOT next week, then after that to Carhood in Surrey for a brand new burgundy Mohair hood. That will do then. Topless driving throughout summer and when poor weather returns, bodywork time :-D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.