Skip navigation

Rolof the Golf

Back to the top
Doesn't look good mate. Fingers crossed you can get one from a shell being cut up.

Good luck dude :)

Back to the top
Think ive got hold of a panel smudger so one step closer! been finding a few more little bits of rust, looks like it gonna be an full on resto! 

Back to the top
I thought Sean might be able to sort you out, glad he's got the panel you need!! :cool:

Back to the top
Yeah seans on the case! just need to get the rear tub and im all set, oh and a welder!!

Back to the top
On a different note heres our civic type r me and my pal have went halfs on! gonna be using it to take part in the Nurburgring 700

Cant wait, we are doing it for charity if any one is interested, the car is away to get stickered up with all the sponsors company names in the next week, would be cool to get a mk1ownersclub sticker on there:thumbs:the charity is Friends of anchor, helps fund our cancer ward up here in aberdeen. if anyone wants to donate that would be very much appreciated www.justgiving.com/Kev-Brown

Back to the top
Type R looks spot on mate! I'll stick a fiver in your JG when I get paid mate!

Back to the top
Cheers Melteddrumer, very much appreciated :thumbs: il put a couple pics up when its stickered up and the wheels are back from the powdercoaters. 

Back to the top
I had a Civic Type-r back in 2003. Loved it. As long as it's kept about 6k revs you'll certainly shift. Comfortable seats and reliable. A mate had one with the Jackson Racing Supercharger on it with about 300bhp and that absolutely flew !!!!.

Looks in good nick buddy. Top purchase.

Back to the top
Yeah smudger its all about the v-tec!! its a good laugh and perfect for what we are using it for, don't know if i could live with it everyday tho, my daily is a mk5 golf gti and it feels like a rolls royce after ive been driving the honda for a day or two!

just waiting for parts to arrive, fresh brakes, wishbone bushes and bottom ball joints to freshen everything up before going down to the nurburgring. Parts are coming from eurocarparts of all places for my not very euro honda :lol:.

I see crazy Quiffs have the whole drivers side tub listed as in stock on the website, bit steep in price but i presume thats the going rate? 

Back to the top
Cq aren't the cheapest around mate by a fair distance. Having said that I have always found their customer service and despatch times really good. :)

Back to the top
been away a little while, been busy with going to germany and getting stuff sorted out round the house, im back on track now, got myself a second hand mig on ebay, just waiting to get gas sorted out.

This is how Rolof is at the moment, got my B12 kit fitted, think it sits at the perfect height

Germany was awesome, managed to raise £4K for charity

Back to the top
Well done on your fund raiser mate, looks like you had a blast!! just stuck a fiver in your JG, I forgot all about it tbh. :lol:

Back to the top
Cheers Melteddrummer, i actually forgot as well, thats much appreciated, thank you! yeah we had a blast would love to go back, we should organise a trip with the mk1 owners club!

Back to the top
Oh that sits good, was looking at the B12 kit for mine. I didn't want anything too low so looks like decision made for sure now ;)

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Yeah was quite chuffed with the height, im sure it will settle down slightly, theres no interior so i put the mig welder in the back to act as the weight of an interior, will be back on axel stands tomorrow, gonna put the wheels away to get power coated, and hopefully tackle the welding next week to. :thumbs:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.