Skip navigation

02j tower with 02a gearbox

Back to the top
Peter, have you spoken to your mate about the 02j tower?

Back to the top
Yes m8 he has the o2j tower and mk4 golf selecor in car also the correct bracket all U need for a nice shift I pm u

Back to the top
Sound mate, do you know if late 02j boxes have the same tower selector fitting as the 02a? Im sure when I brought the engine setup, the lad said it was an 02j- it's that long ago now I cant remember!

Back to the top
i sure there are two types 1 fit straight in the early ones. and the other doesnt. take some pitcures

Back to the top
here is my tower with the audi tt short shift and new relay with the later bow catches

Back to the top
hello mate, with your 02a shifter, where did you route the cables too? I know they will have to fo through bulkhead but id like a rough idea where, ? cheers

Back to the top
Alright mate, I drilled them left (passenger side) of center about 150mm

Back to the top
 I found to drill right under heater matrix box

Last edit: by peterg60

Back to the top
if mounting above tunnel i have found the polo gti shifter with smaller cables fit better than the longer mk4 cables

Last edit: by peterg60

Back to the top

crezz said

hello mate, with your 02a shifter, where did you route the cables too? I know they will have to fo through bulkhead but id like a rough idea where, ? cheers

Come round and have a look at mine if you like mate, not sure if they are in the right place but it seems to work ok  ;)

Back to the top
if routing underneath its straight forward. to explain where i drilled is right in centre of heater matrixbox the cables are flexi. heat wrap for cable and u ok. if u drilled via passanger footwell thats ok aswell

Back to the top
Im struggling, when phoning round breakers nearly all the towers im finding on the O2j boxes are the ball joint ones. Apart from 1998 golf gti that peter said, can anybody give me a few more cars that the correct tower is from. Cheers

Back to the top
Ball joint 1s? They be ok if it ball joint 02j as if you going new relay and tt short shift they come with latest bow catches. I only said mk4 due to it slotted straight in my.

Back to the top
Also did you ask funkstar as I got 1 of him aswell

Back to the top
The ball type fittings for the cable ends. Yes mate, he never got back like. I'll send him another message. Cheers

Back to the top
Some very useful information in this thread, see the polo GTI shifter what model is it from?

Is the Audi short shifter just an OEM part?

Thanks Aaron

Back to the top

thickfreakness said

The ball type fittings for the cable ends. Yes mate, he never got back like. I'll send him another message. Cheers

. That's fine the 02j with ball type. When U use Audi rt short shift and new relay they come with new stlye bow catch give me few hrs I post up some info

Back to the top

AaronGTI said

Some very useful information in this thread, see the polo GTI shifter what model is it from?

Is the Audi short shifter just an OEM part?

Thanks Aaron

. Audi tt short shift is a oem part I list all part numbers when the BBQ of  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Top man peter! With the ball type, does the audi short shift only replace one fitting, then you also have to replace the other cable end fitting aswell?

Back to the top
U don't have to but its a new relay plus U get the new stlye bow. Only bout a ten a so it worth it. I post some stuff up later

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.