Skip navigation

Hello Everyone :)

Back to the top

Hello Everyone,

My name is Tom and I bought a Mk1 from a member in August, she has been in the garage being restored but today I finally got her on the road! Waheyy.

I've been looking on the new site and am vary confused, I wanted to post a reply in the classifieds but couldn't figure out how. I couldn't even find out how to sent a PM.

Please help,

Thank you.

P.S. Its such a pleasure to be part of the community and I can't wait to meet some of you at Dubs At The Park.

Last edit: by TomMunday

Back to the top
Ahh, I just read about the points system. Is there a certain number of points I have to have to be able to sent PM's too?

Thank you again.

Back to the top
I'd be happy to post a few pictures too if someone could please tell me how. :)

Back to the top
Hi Tom
Welcome to the club! A PM message is now classed as a PT (Private Topic). As far as im aware you dont need to have points to send a PT, However ive awarded you some to get you started (Im nice like that)   :ocf_emoticons__cheer:

Get some pics up of the car though. were all picture hungry on here!  :thumbs:

Chris

Volkswagen Golf LS (1981 X)   Austin Morris Mini HL (1981 X)  Honda Civic Type S CTDi (2009 59)   Mercedes-Benz 208D F & D Motorhome (1990 G)  Audi A2 SE (2001 X) Banner

Back to the top
Thank you so much Chris, I already love the community spirt! :)

How do I add some photos?

Back to the top
No proba mate. You need to use Photobucket or something similar, then post up the links. Theres a how to thread at the top which gives you some guidelines on how to do it.   :thumbs:

Chris

Volkswagen Golf LS (1981 X)   Austin Morris Mini HL (1981 X)  Honda Civic Type S CTDi (2009 59)   Mercedes-Benz 208D F & D Motorhome (1990 G)  Audi A2 SE (2001 X) Banner

Back to the top
Greetings Tom and welcome to the forum.

Get some pics up of your MK1. have a read of THIS thread which shuld give you a good idea of how to post pictures.

Cheers

Smudger

Back to the top
Hope this works…

Waheeyy! Her on day of purchase. :)Thank you Chris and Smudger!

Last edit: by TomMunday

Back to the top
Nice MK1 mate. pics working well.

Back to the top
Very smart mate! Where abouts did you get it from?

Chris

Back to the top
nice golf you got there :)

more pics :thumbs:

'83 formel e

Back to the top
Hey Tom, I joined the forum because I saw something I wanted to buy, too. I found out you need 150 pts. You get 40 for joining then 5 per post, so I've been saying hi to everyone in the newbies section to get it up a bit. Doesn't take too long! Nice golf by the way!

Back to the top
Nice car bud!

Back to the top
Picked her up from Gloucester.

VeeDub life. ;)

Thank you everyone for your comments!

Back to the top
Im trying to remember where ive seen it before. Number plates familiar... :rolleyes:

Back to the top
Nice MK1 Tom, welcome ;)

Chris, the number plate looks familiar as it's the same shape and colour as yours!  :lol:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Hairyarse said

Nice MK1 Tom, welcome ;)

Chris, the number plate looks familiar as it's the same shape and colour as yours!  :lol:

:shake:  :shutup: !

Back to the top

Gordonthegolfer said

Hairyarse said

Nice MK1 Tom, welcome ;)

:shake:  :shutup: !

:thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Hey Tom lovely Mk1 mate..See you at Dubs in the park.

Back to the top
Nice mk1 welcome mate:thumbs:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.